Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,222   Online: 859

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Trade: 4x5 for 6x7

I have just started shooting 4x5 but due to some very bad news I'll be moving to a small apartment near the city and wont be able to develop or print 4x5. This is not an urgent trade and I won't consider selling for a month or two in the hopes that things will lighten up. It seems that focusing on medium format would be a good way to continue my hobby and 6x7 is by far my favorite.

For trade
    -Wista Field - wooden 4x5 camera
    -Nikkor-W 150 5.6 and Copal 0# lensboard
    -Polarizer, Red filter, Hood
    -7 film holders
    -25 sheets of Ilford Fp4 (unopened), whatever remains in my current -opened box
    -cable release
    -spirit levels
    -x10 loupe

Looking for
    -Mamiya 7
    -Pentax 67
    -Fuji 670 with 65mm lens

-I would only be interested in a Mamiya RB67 camera if it came as an outfit with lenses and accessories since I am not partial to the design.

No
    Press cameras, Bronica GS or folders.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. I hope it's not serious or sad.

No Koni-Omega Rapid kits either... with 58mm (w/ finder), 90mm, 135mm (rare), 180mm lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not get a 6X7 or 6X9 rollfilm holder for your wista. And maybe a shorter FL lens.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    ^^^ Excellent advice... I agree!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    FWITW I would go with the Pentax 67 or 6x7.... the bodies are bricks and the lenses are relatively inexpensive and very, very good.If flash is consideration, the shutters is focal plane so synch is very slow only, but for landscape and general work, they just can't be beat. Good luck. You will love your 6x7 work. Old age and arthritis hae pushed me that way and 6x6.....
    Logan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Or what about a 6x12cm back? If you want a less panoramic format you can always use rise/fall and stitch two images together (if you're not against using PS) and you can have a final resolution/size very close to 4x5" with 120 roll film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I am considering roll film backs...also the Pentax 67 is my most favored out of all the 6x7 cameras.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nahh... just get a nice 6x12cm Horesman back. Use PS to sticth if you want. You can keep what you have and utilize sheet film later if/when you want to. You'll keep all your Scheimpflug movements too. It's the best of both worlds. I bought my Chamonix 45N-1 specifically to shoot 6x12cm roll film and doubt I'll ever shoot 4x5" with it. If I want (and feel well enough to carry it) I'll shoot 8x10".

Gee whizz, man, you can buy a NICE 6x9 RFH for less than $100US or a decent one for around $50US.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry, what is a RFH?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, get a film back. Or a RB kit which are so cheap it's almost silly not to have one or two around the house for doorstops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin