Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,932   Online: 934

Thread: Free Enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format

Free Enlarger

Hi all,
    I recently purchased the contents of a darkroom for short money just to get the 8 foot sink. The stipulation was that I had to take everything or nothing. So I ended up with a Fujimoto G70 enlarger with a color head that I can't use. It comes with a 50mm lens, 35mm negative carrier and power supply. It will make prints, but the base has some controls on it that I'm not sure function. I don't know much about these enlargers. It's yours for free if you can pick it up - I live on Cape Cod, in Massachusetts. It would be not worth shipping and I can't bring myself to take it to the swap shop... Send PM if interested
    Last edited by jimrohrer; 03-15-2010 at 11:36 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would be interested.
    Where areyou on Cape Cod?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm in Wellfleet... send me a pm and let me know when you can come by

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have one of these, it is my primary enlarger. Works wonderfully, easy to switch from condenser to diffusion and very consistent light output. Only word of warning is the colour head allows you to mimic filter grades but are not neutral density balanced; I find it easier to use my Ilford set than adjusting the head colours. If I wasn't 34 hours drive away, I would come get it.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree Kevin... it looks like it could be a decent machine. I like the switch from condenser to diffuser. I have a new darkroom under construction and I just haven't budgeted in the bench space for a second enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't either, but for a while I had one off to the side up high on a cabinet just to flash paper. Now it is on a bench in the laundry that I use as my 'teaching' site, since my darkroom (6'x8') is mostly a one person place, particulary when the roller processor cart is in there.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gone to a good home!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin