Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,676   Posts: 1,481,957   Online: 1038

Shooter
    35mm

WTT: Toyo 45A for Wollensak Verito + cash

Do you have a Wollensak Verito soft focus lens in shutter or barrel?(open to diff focal lengths as long as it covers 8X10) Is it in EX or better condition? Would you like to own a EX condition Toyo 45A with new bellows? Do you have cash to add to the deal?

If you answered yes to all the questions above and are interested in a trade please send me a PM or email with your questions. I have a whole slew of photographs of my camera already taken as I was thinking of selling it once before. I am getting interested in larger format photography and have a Kodak 2D 8X10 camera and would love to have a Verito soft focus to compliment the camera. I do already have a nice Petzval on the way from Jim Galli but having an all around soft focus lens would be nice as well. Depending on the condition of your lens I would require between $300-400 cash, the amount of cash also depends on if the Verito is in a shutter as well; which would be preferable but not required as I do have a Packard shutter I could use in it's place. I recently picked up a Graflex Crown Graphic that is sufficient for my needs as a field camera, although not as nice of course.

Please note that you will receive the lens boards in the photo and if needed several 4X5 film holders but would prefer to keep the film holders if possible. The bellows were replaced with OEM bellows from Toyo a few months ago and have only been used a handful of times.

Lens boards included are all OEM and in EX or better condition, one was a Copal 0 that has been ground out to a Copal 1 with a dremel tool but is not sloppy, it looks almost factory done.

NIB Copal 0 Recessed
    Copal 0 Flat
    3 X Copal 1 Flat
    Copal 3 Flat

Photos of my Toyo are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3855704...7623918162889/

Last edited by photobizzz; 05-22-2010 at 09:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    I guess my desire for a $500 Verito is going to be hard to find, I have had one offer but the lens was worth more than the Toyo, soooo please only respond if your lens is worth around $5-600 dollars. Thank you.
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    If someone has a sharp 300mm lens for 8X10 I would be interested in that as well, something like the Modern 300/5.6 Xenar in Copal 3 I traded off a while back.
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 135mm Verito, but I'm not parting with it. It covers 4x5 quite well, but I dont know about 8x10. Then theres the part where you would have to give me 3-400 bucks plus your camera to get it. Nah--I'm keeping the lens.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    uh, I am thinking these Verito lenses must be gold coated at least if not solid gold...
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photobizzz View Post
    If someone has a sharp 300mm lens for 8X10 I would be interested in that as well, something like the Modern 300/5.6 Xenar in Copal 3 I traded off a while back.
    are you talking straight trade?

Shooter
    35mm
    No, an EX to Mint Xenar in Copal 3 is only worth about $300-$325, I know this as I bought one from KEH in almost mint shape for $325 that I traded to another APUG member for a 210 Sironar-N (wish I still had it although I do love my Sironar)
    ~Horace~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin