Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,554   Posts: 1,545,008   Online: 731

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTT: Shen-hao PTB 4x5 (chamonix clone) for Toyo 45CF

Hi !

I have a almost unused Shen-hao PTB 4x5 camera (almost 1:1 chamonix clone) which i would like to trade it for a nice Toyo 45CF.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the fact that the Toyo get some bad reviews, lack of movements etc. But I was the happy owner of one and would like to get back the compact clamshell with a 135mm or 150mm lens mounted on the camera, great for the kind of travel I do. The Shen-Hao PTB offers more movements and has better spec, a very good camera, but needs to be better packed than the toyo.

So any how would want to trade?

BTW I'm located in Norway.
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm not sure you are trading up imho.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    I'm not sure you are trading up imho.
    Yes, You are right, and then not.. :rolleyes:

Yes, the PTB (Chamonix) have better spec as a viewcamera in almost every point.

But, my aim with the Toyo is to have sturdy well protected clamshell package with a lens mounted for traveling. To get that I'm willing to let go of the better features on the PTB. So for my requirements for this camera usage the Toyo is a better match.

And I have a nice Shen-Hao 5x7 FLC (with 4x5 back) and a 8x10 deardorf when I need to do all the other stuff wich the PTB does.
    Morten :-)

"Please ! Bring me into the company of those who seek the truth, and deliver me from those who have found it."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a couple of friends that have the CF and they just hate it when I call it a 4x5 Holga LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin