Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,253   Online: 737

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Looking to trade for a 105mm for 4x5

Hi all,

I just posted something in our local large format group on here, but thought I' might mention it here as well.

I'm potentially looking for a 105mm for my 4x5 kit. I've got three large format lenses up on ebay at the moment, which I'm happy to take down if there's anyone out there interested in a trade. I know, I really should have thought of this before I listed them on the 'bay!

Anyway, this is what I've got listed:
    Rodentstock 135mm

Rodenstock 180mm

And a Komuranon 90mm

Cheers,
    Steve

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Hi all,

Anyway, this is what I've got listed:
    Rodentstock 135mm

Cheers,
    Steve
    I hope it's not as ratty as it sounds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only 105 I know of for 4x5 is the Fuji SW. The others are really 6x9 lenses that maybe barely cover 4x5. Make sure that what you get has the coverage you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like a 105 on a 4x5 camera. With my equipment it give the same angle of view as a 28mm on 135 and a 210mm on 8x10. Like ChuckP pointed out its too bad there are none or very few for 4x5. I use 6x9cm format 105mm lens on my 4x5 camera.

This situation is just as bad as the total lack of 180mm lenses for 8x10.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip ChuckP, I'll have to bear that in mind.

Interesting what you say about it being approx 28mm in 135 terms, I'd always thought the 90mm was equated to around a 28mm, which is why I've always had trouble getting in spired with it. Slightly wider (21mm) or longer (35mm) and I just seem to be able to find the right angles much easier. Either way, I think this particular 90mm of mine will be going anyway, it's just ridiculously big when you're stuffing it all into a very conservatively sized backpack!

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are shooting 6x9, try to look for Schneider Tessar type or another one is Hailar 105 mm, and you can find one really cheap off of 6x9 folder or just by searching around. there are lots of them around, extremely small and light, and surprisingly sharp, but expect to pay good money for a clean one. I have a 90 mm Xenar and very happy with results it produces, when the size and weight is issue I use this tiny one, instead of my 90 mm Rodenstock. the main question is what are you looking for? and what can you do with and in what areas are you willing to make a compromise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    105mm is not a popular FL in the first place, and only some of those will cover 4x5. It took me about three years to find one.

The Fujinon SW and NSWS 105/8 both have 250mm ICs, so cover 4x5 with generous movements. I have the SW and it's great.

- Leigh
    Last edited by Leigh B; 07-23-2012 at 11:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin