Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,607   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm

WTT: LF Lens for Medium Format Setup

Well after my trip this weekend I have decided in addition to my Crown Graphic and Kodak 2D (I have 4X5, 5X7 & 8X10 covered) I would like to have a medium format setup for those times that using a 4X5 or larger setup is just not practical. I went on a 4.5hr cruise in Resurrection Bay from Seward, AK and my Crown was just a bit big for using around all those people on the boat. I can foresee other situations where a nice MF SLR would suit me better. I have a few lenses to trade and am looking for a 6X7 or 6X9 setup with at least one lens, finder, body and back. I am happy to entertain any offers. I have priced the lenses at trade value and believe they are reasonable. They are all in very nice working condition and all have beautiful glass, any imperfections are noted. If you are interested in a trade we can exchange photos of our respective equipment.

1. 36cm f4.5 Voigtlander Heliar in barrel, few specks of dust, new paint job, with flange on 6X6 board for Kodak 2D - $500
    2. 14" f7 Petzval (no name, just says No. 4 on it) beautiful lens, glass is perfect, body perfect, with flange on 6X6 board for Kodak 2D - $500
    3. 12" f6.8 Goerz Dagor in Alphax shutter, cocking lever is funky so cable release stays on and works great, glass is beautiful, shutter accurate, on 6X6 board for Kodak 2D - $500
    4. 300mm f9 APO Gerogon in barrel, like new with flange, process or enlarging lens - $100
    5. 135mm f4.7 Rodenstock Optar in Graphic shutter, perfect glass, accurate speeds, on metal graphic lens board for Crown Graphic - $100

I have a few other lenses that are LN but am hesitant to list them for trade, a 65/8 Caltar-W II in Copal 0, 90/8 SA Linhof Select in Copal 0, and 210/5.6 Sironar-N in Copal 1, I might be persuaded to trade one of these if I really, really wanted the camera/lens combo you are offering (like a Hassy) Not to discount the lenses above, they are all classic, nice, and expensive glass for my 8X10 and don't really want to part with any of them but one or two won't kill me.

NOTE: I do not want any Kiev cameras, too many fault copies out there so I would prefer a camera/lens in this order, Hasselblad, Pentax, Mamiya, Bronica

Shoot me a PM with your offer and which lens you might like to trade for and we can talk! Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by photobizzz; 06-07-2010 at 12:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are some links to photos for a couple of the lenses I already have taken.

12" Goerz Dagor - this is not originally a "gold rim dagor", the paint was looking bad so I figured why not give it a gold rim. There is no difference between the gold rim dagor and a black rim dagor optically anyway...

14" Petzval - I got this petzval in a trade with Jim Galli, he was unsure of the brand but said it could possible be a Darlot or Edison - it has no aperture but does have the beautiful swirly Bokeh that petzval are desired for, super sharp in the center with a dramatic drop off to swirly goodness

36cm Voigtlander Heliar - gobs and gobs of Bokeh, repainted with automotive grade enamel that has hardeners in the paint that give it a very durable finish, has the old style of f stops that are 1/3 off from modern stops, also has 24 aperture blades for a perfectly circular aperture. It is now black with a nice fine metal flake paint job
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You might want to consider a 2x3 Crown/Century Graphic - cheap and light and with the right roll film adapter, you get 6x6, 6x7 and 6x9.

Shooter
    35mm
    I really want an SLR, something I can look through the VF and not deal with a RF to focus, I could just use a roll film back on my Crown but have owned MF SLR's and they are the convenience I am really looking for
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    colin they make 2x3 and 3x4 graflex slrs
    and they make / made roll film backs that work with them
    as well as bag magazines ( like a grafmatic back ) ..
    slrs are a lot of fun to use ..
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    I know someone out there has a nice older medium format setup collecting dust that they would like to trade for some sweet large format glass... here is your chance to own a Voigtlander Heliar - they don't come around very often and don't look nice like this one, especially with almost perfect glass!
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I do have two possible trades for the 36cm Voigtlander Heliar, one for a Hassy setup and one for a Bronica setup. Please feel free to send me an offer for trade if you have a medium format setup you are not using and would love the extraordinary look of a heliar on your LF camera, covers 8X10 with gobs of movement, I am sure it would cover 11X14 and possibly larger. I still am not really interested in 645 but since I am open to 6X6 it seems feel free to offer any in that format as well as a RZ67 or something that is 6X9 although I am not sure about any 6X9 MF SLRs, the largest I have owned is an RB67 myself.
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    35mm
    Withdrawn, new sale ad will be posted shortly.
    ~Horace~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin