Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,353   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

FT: Desk-top print processor for a MF camera

PhotoTherm ACP-302 print processor. Very compact. Uses 2.4L solutions to quickly process RC prints up-to 30x40cm.

I'd like to trade it for a medium format camera or a 4x5 field camera with holders and a lens. Let me know, what you have. I will cover shipping of the processor in the continental US. For international shipping, PM me for a quote.

Condition of the processor:

Retired from college use. I cleaned it, tuned and tried with water. The water heats up to 35C in about 20 minutes. I ran about a dozen sheets of paper through. Everything seems to work as supposed to. The machine will not win beauty contest, but it seems to work reliably - paper runs smoothly, and solutions circulate.
    The only things I notice about it: The rubber foam seal near developer inlet may need to be replaced in the future. The rollers in blix chamber were shaved to round shape. I did not want to clean it again, so I did not use chemistry in the machine. If you concerned, I can do it before shipping and run a few real prints through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ThermaPhot.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What kind of medium format camera are you looking for? A folder or TLR, or SLR, what? Which format, 645, 6x6, 6x7, or 6x9? I'll trade you my DuaflexII TLR (6x6) for it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How many baths does this processor contain?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    How many baths does this processor contain?
    It looks like a 2-bath unit designed for RA-4 processing. Washing and drying have to be carried out externally.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought so too, but thought there may be a hidden tank.

I'd really be interested if it was a three bath unit, as I would like to use separate bleach and fixer baths.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought so too, but thought there may be a hidden tank.

I'd really be interested if it was a three bath unit, as I would like to use separate bleach and fixer baths.
    RA-4 doesn't need separate bleach and fix baths.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    RA-4 doesn't need separate bleach and fix baths.

Tom
    I am aware of the common standard process with blix, and I do no want to use it if I do not have to. Separate is better with film, so it must be better with paper as well. All of my prints thus far have been done with separate baths in a Kreonite (community lab).
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am aware of the common standard process with blix, and I do no want to use it if I do not have to. Separate is better with film, so it must be better with paper as well. All of my prints thus far have been done with separate baths in a Kreonite (community lab).
    I don't know, better to ask Photo Engineer.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rick,

I was hoping for something that takes modern film. My dream camera is Mamiya 7, and I would be willing to add some money in the trade. Or maybe one of Fuji rangefinders.

2F/2F,

this is a two bath processor. Actually, you can't separate bleach and fix in a roller machine because
    in these machines paper moves at constant speed and all processes must run in the same time. When you separate
    bleach and fix, the bleach time needs to be increased relative to development. It's just not going to work.
    I'm curious, why do you want to separate blix in RA-4? The process is tuned for blix, so theoretically, you should not
    get much better results by separating chemicals. Can you elaborate a bit more why you want to do this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Rick,

I was hoping for something that takes modern film. My dream camera is Mamiya 7, and I would be willing to add some money in the trade. Or maybe one of Fuji rangefinders.

2F/2F,

this is a two bath processor. Actually, you can't separate bleach and fix in a roller machine because
    in these machines paper moves at constant speed and all processes must run in the same time. When you separate
    bleach and fix, the bleach time needs to be increased relative to development. It's just not going to work.
    I'm curious, why do you want to separate blix in RA-4? The process is tuned for blix, so theoretically, you should not
    get much better results by separating chemicals. Can you elaborate a bit more why you want to do this?
    We use a separate bleach and fixer in the Kreonite roller transport processer that I usually use when I print color. Maybe it is not "necessary," but surely it is "better" for the same reasons it is with film.
    2F/2F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin