Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,141   Online: 1113

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Trade Crown Graphic for Speed Graphic or other 4x5 camera

Hi there,

Just got photobizz's crown graphic in a trade. It's in primo shape, no lens but otherwise very nice. Bellows appear to be in great shape, graflok back with lens hood, all movements work nicely. Viewfinder appears to work but not calibrated.

I didn't do enough research and realized after the fact that I wanted a speed graphic for the focal plane shutter. And also that I wanted a camera with movements suitable for doing portraits, and that these cameras do not have rotating backs.

So I'm interested in trading this for something along the lines of:
    1) your beat up speed graphic that's 100% functional and has a lens (has to have the focal plane shutter)
    1a) your ex condition speed graphic with no lens (viewfinder functionality is not a priority for me for either of these)
    2) your super speed graphic (only need functional condition, again, not worried about the viewfinder)
    3) your wooden 4x5 field camera, could be old (don't need a ton of movements, mostly just want front drop and back tilt - wood cameras with decent bellows are totally acceptable)
    4) your 4x5 monorail
    and your or my cash or other stuff to fill in the price gaps. Prefer not to have to restore stuff to get it going but will consider your needs work cameras as a possibility.

If there is some way I can have the focal plane shutter with good portrait orientated movements, please let me know!
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    in thinking a little more, I have a 4x5 spring back that I'm intending to put on my 5x7, which would take care of the field camera/monorail parts. I am interested in a focal plane shutter for some crappy old lenses. So some variety of speed graphic with a focal plane shutter is what I'm looking for at the moment. Visual condition is unimportant, just a functional focal plane shutter and useable movements and good bellows.

Thanks!
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What are you adding to a trade ?

You want to step up, so what else is on the table ? I have a great Crown Graphic which I use regularly but I can't think of a camera worth less unless in very poor condition.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sully,

As Stephen Stills said,
    "If you can't be with the one you love,
    love the one you are with."

Use the Crown and learn its capabilities. Then at some time later look for a Speed.

Steve
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 07-10-2010 at 07:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some of the cameras on your list do not have a focal plane shutter so what is the thinking?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Why not just pick up a packard shutter for your 5x7 then?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Erm...I'm learning the 5x7 camera, I already have a view camera. I wanted a 4x5 with a focal plane shutter to use with lenses that don't have a shutter. I just made a mistake regarding the graphlex camera I ended up with. So...

Fotch: Yup. The reason I'm interested in the Speed is the focal plane shutter. Otherwise I'd like a camera with more movements, and a rotating back. Basically I realized today that the movements available on any of the graphlex cameras are not really useful to me for portraiture if the back is fixed in landscape position. Still want the focal plane shutter. And I forgot that I have a 4x5 spring back that I am going to mount on my 5x7, so basically right now I'm mostly just looking for a beater speed, hopefully with a lens.

Ian: I'm hoping to trade this ex+ condition Crown w/ out a lens for a bargain/user speed with a lens and a working shutter. Make sense? As I said, I'd make up the difference in cash if there seemed to be one.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry this has gotten confusing

To sum up: ex+ condition Crown Graphic/no lens. Looking to trade for Speed graphic beater or better w/ or without lens.

The crown has a strip of velcro on top for holding a dark cloth but that's the only "fault" I can see. It's pretty clean and everything seems nice and tight.
    paulmcevoy.net
    flickr.com/paulmcevoy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw the troopers original listing, it is a very nice Crown Graphic, in great condition, ask him if you can use his photo's.

My own will possibly be in action tomorrow, but it's definite for Tuesday

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin