Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,238   Online: 895

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FT: Kodachrome 200 for.....

Hey,

So I've got maybe 6 rolls of Kodachrome 200 that expired in 1996 (I believe). I can confirm these numbers when I get home. They were stored in the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet in an air conditioned photo lab, and they've been in my freezer since I bought them (about 6 months ago).

I've yet to develop any so I can't speak to their quality. Frankly I'd rather shoot the real deal in the remaining 5 months of Kodachrome .... single tear ...

I'd love for someone to shoot this film before December, and I can pretty much guarantee that I won't. So please, if you have any interest in it at all, let me know and it's yours.

Open to any trades, including "good karma".

Cheers

Chris H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is it 35mm, 120/220? What format, that might be helpful information. I would be interested but I don't know what I might have to trade for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, of course. Yeah it's 35mm (afterall, that's all Dwayne's can do). Still in their individual boxes.

As for trade, I'm open to any 35mm or 4x5" film (tungsten would be awesome) or absolutely anything else for that matter... Whatever you think is fair. I don't expect a lot, I'm mainly just wanting to get this stuff to someone who will use it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    How about an even trade for 30 rolls of Fuji Superia 400, 27 exposures each?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    trade pending..................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ....while we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.....

(a.k.a. TRADED)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Chris, you are a true gentleman. I began shooting Kodachrome ASA 10 in 1953. Here is my plan to use the very last Kodachromes I will ever shoot:

Roll#1: Cologne, Germany at the opening day of PhotoKina, September 21, 2010
    Roll#2: St. Petersburg, Russia, September 26, 2010
    Roll#3: Moscow, Russia, September 30, 2010
    Roll#4: Vienna, Austria, October 3, 2010
    Roll#5: Rome, Italy, October 6, 2010
    Roll#6: Venice, Italy, October 10, 2010

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dang....! Honestly, I hope it's worthy of such a trip. Are you confident in the ability of 13 year-old high-speed Kodachrome? I trust you are... (but I would test it, just to be sure)

But what an amazing journey; 57 years... I hope color film is around for another half-century.

Thanks for the trade Karl, I'm confident that it's going to the right person.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Chris: The Kodachrome 200 will probably have a slight magenta cast and will lack contrast. I will use cyan filter to correct the color and if the contrast is really weak, well, I guess scanning can always save the day. Scanning Kodachrome is a difficult task, but I have done it before.

I might test one roll before I leave for Europe, so that means I would have to cut down my shots from 36 in each location to 30. I spoke with a technician at Dwayne's Photo this morning and we agreed that a test roll would be prudent.

Your Fuji film shipped earlier today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Karl,

It is on it's way. For some reason, I forgot to include a return shipping address, so don't be alarmed by an anonymous package.

Thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin