Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,712   Online: 918

Shooter
    Large Format

Trade: 180mm Schneider Symmar-S for 240-250mm lens

I have the wrong focal length lens for my eye! I would like to trade my excellent + condition 180mm 5.6 Symmar-S in a Copal No.-1 shutter for a similar quality 240, 250, or 10 in. lens. Must cover 5 x 7 format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, i have a symmar S 5.6 240 in Compur 3 Covers 8x10 may be little older than you are looking for glass is very good and clean has a couple of marks and a slight indent on the filter thread filters still go on so only minor, I have photos ( i think i kept them )if not can take some more if your interested . Cheers gary

Shooter
    Large Format
    Gary,
    That is the lens I am looking for. The condition might be a concern so pictures would be helpful.

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photos 240s symer 5.6

Hi Tim , Photos as requested , i have deliberately photographed the side with cosmetic flaws note shutter cock missing plastic bit and preview lever a little bent picys come out sharp though and thats what matters glass is good maybe if your lens is far younger and has a better cosmetic appearance we could do partial exchange i'm open to suggestions the lens is currently mounted in a linhof board but that was only to try it on a 5x4 camera it can be sent without board no problem . Cheers Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 240 2.jpg   240 3.jpg   240 4.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, this looks like a suitable trade. My 180 mm has no problems that I can see, but I need the 240 minus the lens board, and hopefully you have the a front lens cap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tim , Can you send pictures of your 180 i'm sure from your description , sounds good , Lens caps yes , will get board removed on Tuesday public holiday here Monday , If i don't answer your emails don't worry for the next two days i am on a shoot . Cheers Gary

Shooter
    Large Format

Here are photos of the lens

Here is the lens for you to see. Took me a while to figure out how to post them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lens front.jpg   Lens Back.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Tim looks fine , now how does this work / , I am going to have the board removed tommorrow i don't have a spanner that fits threes , and the lens caps the rear is not original and the front fits a bit loose i will see while i'm at the shop if they have a better fit , Iv'e just held them on with elastic bands better than falling off and risking the glass . Cheers Gary

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am sending you a private message with my address, and other details of the trade.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin