Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,601   Online: 818

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hoping to Trade Some Things Toward a Rolleiflex SL66

Hi all. After exploring a number of different MF cameras and after trying a Rolleiflex SL66 I've come to see that the SL66 is probably the ideal MF camera for me and what/ how I photograph. I am particularly interested in a SL66E or SL66SE. Financial times are tight so I'm hoping that someone out there with an SL66 that they're not using will be willing to accept some stuff for trade toward a SL66 and help a fellow photographer out.

Things I have available:

Complete Horseman 980 outfit with rollfilm back, Polaroid back with both ground glass spacer and focusing bed spacer, 150mm f5.6 Tokyo Kogaku with rangefinder cam, 90mm f5.6 Tokyo Kogaku also with matching cam, lens hood. Both lenses are super clean and came original with the camera. The cams are the original cams made with the lenses and are spot on. The rangefinder works flawlessly. The camera is currently receiving a full overhaul at Nippon Photo Clinic in NY and will be in perfect condition upon trade.

RARE MINT Graflex Super D Big Bertha 4x5 with 20 inch f5.6 Bausch & Lomb Telephoto Anastigmat. This was a custom order camera. The extension bed and the huge lens are fully removable and you end up with standard Super D. I'm not sure I want to let this go but it's more important to me to have a camera that I use then one I don't so I will entertain offers. The lens is clean and clear. I bought this at this past Tucson Camera Show and spoke with the gentleman who gave it a CLA just days prior. I was told that the camera is fully functional after the CLA although I bought it for my collection and have not used it. I have tested the focal plane shutter and all times are spot on. Comes with a Graflex Bag Mag and Grafmatic Back. Appraised at $1300-$1400.

RARE (for the collector although it is fully operational) 1898 Premo Long Focus 5x7 with 19 inch bellows. Comes with fully operational Unicum lens. I'm not sure if it's the original lens for the camera but it is of the same period and was one of two models offered with the camera. Worn exterior leather with clean interior. Original bellows that are still light tight. Appraised at $800.

Mamiya C22 in good condition with 135mm f4.5 Mamiya-Sekor lens. Comes with a waist level finder and a prism.

Anniversary Speed Graphic 4x5. Comes with attached flash gun and Carl Zeiss Jena 135mm f4.5 Tessar in Compur shutter. Comes with 4 old stock boxes (containing 12 bulbs each) of Press 25 flash bulbs and 1 box of Press 25B flash bulbs. Bulbs are tested and working. I don't know the exact number of bulbs but most of the boxes are full or near full. Everything works but times have not been tested (but everything looks like its right on).

If any of this is of interest let me know. I can post pictures upon request.

Come on folks, lets get me that Rolleiflex SL66!! Thanks!
    Last edited by Fragomeni; 05-15-2011 at 10:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're missing a lot of prices there. What are you asking in trade value?
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 05-15-2011 at 09:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What am I missing? I'm looking to trade for/ toward a Rolleiflex SL66 as stated. I would trade the Horseman, Mamiya, and Speed Graphic toward the SL66 if someone were interested in those plus some cash or maybe them as a set. The values of the two collectors pieces are included so I'm leaving that open to offers. If someone has a SL66 outfit and would like to trade for either the Super D or the Premo 5x7 I'd entertain offers. What else am I missing?
    Last edited by Fragomeni; 05-15-2011 at 10:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The horseman after the overhaul is worth probably $750-900 on the auction site and the Mamiya is worth only around $80-100 but I threw it in there anyway since I have it and I'm not using it. Sorry, I didn't see that I didn't put a value for these two. I was willing to take trade offers in hopes of coming to a mutually satisfying deal but values would probably be helpful.
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    There's no need to put a price on things in the trade section IMO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    But listing a desired trade value would make tons of sense for prospective traders.

How much value does he place on the camera he wants as well?

Hard to craft a preliminary deal in the mind without looking at these things.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Exactly, that was my assumption. I'm not married to any of the values. I just need a camera (specifically a Rollei Sl66) and am hoping that I have something that someone else is willing to trade for. SL66 owners please make me an offer!
    Francesco Fragomeni

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But listing a desired trade value would make tons of sense for prospective traders.
    Also a good point which is why I included them after the request for price/ value info.

Anyway, all of the information is there. Lets keep this thread on topic and not turn it into an unrelated discussion please. The point is to acquire an SL66
    Francesco Fragomeni

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin