Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,868   Posts: 1,583,293   Online: 1120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

WTT: 8x10 Lodima G2 for G3

I bought a pack of 25 sheets from MAS and contact printed some 8x10 negatives recently (pics here: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...imageuser=6132, http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...imageuser=6132, and http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...imageuser=6132)

However, after examination, I find that some negatives would have benefitted from a harder contrast grade. This was my first experiment at 8x10 exposure and development.

I have half the pack left, about 10 sheets (can confirm that to interested parties), and would like to trade an equivalent amount for G3.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Bonjour Michel: I know that the answer will not be satisfactory, but sign up for the new Grade 3 which will arrive in the fall. In the interim, for new photographs, you can use your existing Grade 2 by modifying the development of your film so that the contrast range will better fit the ES of the paper. As you might know, the supply of the Grade 3 Lodima-in 8x10-is exhausted. Best of luck in finding what you need. I hope you will indeed find someone who is willing to exchange a few sheets of their Grade 3.

Edwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I know about the next run, but I'm taking a chance that someone has a few sheets they haven't used yet...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have some from the trial run I can give you. It's equivalent to Azo Grade 3. It's labelled Grade 2 but it has a lot more contrast than that and really beautiful print color. PM me.
    Jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin