FT - Nikon 35mm SLR gear and possible extras for Medium format gear or Large format
I would like to use primarily larger format film (120 and 4x5) and as such am looking at getting one or two medium format kits in the near future along with 4x5 gear. Mostly looking to trade items for medium format equipment given how difficult it is to ship 4x5 gear but open to options. Can include cash or have it included on either end depending what is available.
- mostly looking for equipment that can be used in a studio environment, although rangefinders and the like are also considered, i would like a walk around camera for hiking trips and world travels. NOT INTERESTED IN 220 backs, if included I will consider them only for resale value on ebay and have to buy a 120 back for the system.
I currently have
- Nikon FM2N(black) : fully working including timer, and sync port, recently CLA'd, seals replaced last year, some scratching of the paint , no dents, leatherette intact.
- Nikon FE(chrome) : Fully working, used as backup body, seals could use replacing soon, other then that in good condition with marks from use but no dents or anything broken. this camera will not be available to be sent for a few weeks, on loan with a friend
- Nikkor 24mm 2.8 : near mint to mint, I cant see any markings of any sort, ill say near mint in case someone takes a microscope to it. glass is pristine.
- Nikkor 55mm 2.8 micro : near mint to mint, same condition as the 24, I cant see any scratches, dents, etc. glass is pristine. (sharpest lens ive ever used)
Can also throw in
- yashicamat TLR (original model not 124 model) good working condition, dings, scratches, leatherette pealing, everything you expect from a 50 year old camera. Taking lens has some clear markings and scratches, camera takes pictures full of character but not going to compare to a rollei or even a yashica with a pristine lens. I paid $100 for the camera which was fair.
- about 20 rolls of C41 colour neg, superia 200 and 400. Some a few years out of date but stored correctly, some recent and fresh. 4 rolls of sensia fresh, 5ish rolls of kodak aps, date not sure.
- 4 different bulk loaders(3 loyds, 1 watson) these have tape and markings on them from a working photographer, not the prettiest but as far as i know they work.
- 2 10 sheet packs of the fuji instax wide film (not for 4x5)
- 5ish rolls of kodak aps film
- Ricoh rangefinder with guess focus, not worth much but works great, comes with flash, manual, and also have original leather case although that is larger to ship.
Last edited by ArtTwisted; 06-09-2011 at 12:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
Way to go! The jump to medium format is one I'll never regret. I love my RB67 so much (it's my main camera). I highly recommend it. They're cheap and produce amazing results.
I wish I could help you out. The only things you have that I could use would be the Yashica (my girlfriend's not really into film photography, but seems to think TLRs are cute and that may be a way to get her into film) or possibly the Nikkor 24mm (I have the 28/3.5, but I almost never shoot 35mm anymore). The only medium format stuff I'd be willing to part with right now is some expired C-41 (I prefer b&w or 3-6) and a Kodak Junior Six-16 (you'd have to re-spool film). If you'd be interested in either, let me know.
I have nothing that is going to help you out but if you decide to sell your nikon lens I'd be interested.
I'll swap you a nice Calumet cc-400 4x5 in a case for the kit.
BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"
I have a Zenza Bronica ETRSi kit I'd trade for the FM2N, the two lenses & maybe the Yashica.
"Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency
Sponsored Ad. (Subscribers to APUG have the option to remove this ad.)
There ya go, ya crazy Canadian!
You got some people interested in your stuff now.
My work is done here. You've got your choice of a good large or medium format kit.
Enjoy. And ignore my previous post. Not worth your time!