Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,637   Posts: 1,648,289   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Answering for guitstik, yes his OM lenses will fit your OM-10. However, you are better off owning an OM 1 or OM-2 and junk the 10(its an entry level camera).
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    In the meanwhile-- All you folks looking for decent Olympus gear, buy it from guitstik. He's a stand up guy and honest, he wont do you wrong.
    Rick, your gonna make me blush. Now I have to live up to that glowing testimonial and make sure that the equipment lives up as advertised and go out to shot it, and we all know what happens then don't we.

As for what I would take for this outfit, check out what KEH has the bodies and lenses going for and you should see that it would be more than a Minolta 85/1,7 they don't have an f2 on there but they go for about $450 on eBay. This kit would not be on the chopping block if I had the wherewithal to be able to purchase this lens. It is not a lens that I just have to have because I could make do with the Equipement that I already own, but this is my only daughter and I want to try to make this something special for the both of us. I want her to be able to exclaim proudly that her daddy took that portrait when people ask. Call me sentimental or just mental.
    Last edited by guitstik; 06-22-2011 at 02:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about we just call you a proud papa.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    As far as knowledge of camera's go, I guess you could say that I am entry level. What is the difference between the two?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best combination I can think of would be the 85mm f2 or the 100 f2.8. Hmm, maybe the 100mm f2. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Zuiko 100/2.8 is my "money lens". I've sold more portraits taken with this lens than any other.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have nothing against the Zuiko lenses or the Olympus cameras. They are fantastic and I use them all the time but I have had long and joyful experience with Minolta and the Rokkor lenses. The price on the Zuiko 100/2,8 is astronomical compared to the same in Minolta glass without much difference in quality, go figure.

Rberry, what two are you referring to? The OM-1 was the first camera in that lineup. The 1n was next then came the 2n. This should give you a breakdown of the differences.
    http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Olympus_OM-1/2/3/4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rberry65 View Post
    As far as knowledge of camera's go, I guess you could say that I am entry level. What is the difference between the two?
    The OM-1 and OM-2 are pro grade machines, built to take a pounding in the field by people who will do anything to get the money shot. Most of them have never seen that type of use though, therefore you still see plenty of them still in use.
    The OM-10 is not even remotely in the same catagory, plastic gears and auto mode only, unless you are fortunate to get the FC control. I bought two of them when they first came out, and neither one lived past two years, one barely making just over one year of service before the gears stripped. They were priced at $99 new, and were disposable. The FC control is worth more than the OM-10 body.
    The OM-G was the follow-up to the OM-10, and basically the same camera, but with the glitches worked out. As far as I know, the G still utilized plastic internals and short life span.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh great, my OM-10 has a short life span. That sucks being two of my favorite camera's ( Minolta XE-7, and Canon AE-1) have recently kicked the buckett. I can still use the XE-7, but the light meter is gone and it puts a small scratch along the top of my film. Guitstik, I thought I might have the lens you were looking for, but turns out that I do not. It is a vivitar series 1, 35-85mm 1:2.8. It looks like a pretty good lens. Had it for several yeasr, but have never used it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems that I now have a lens to use for my daughters senior portraits. It's not the Minolta 85/2 that I was looking for but thanks to Rick A I will have Zuiko 100/2,8 to use with the OM cameras. So it appears that I will be holding on to all of it and not trading today. Thanks Rick for the use of that lens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin