Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,089   Online: 755

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rberry65 View Post
    Oh great, my OM-10 has a short life span. That sucks being two of my favorite camera's ( Minolta XE-7, and Canon AE-1) have recently kicked the buckett. I can still use the XE-7, but the light meter is gone and it puts a small scratch along the top of my film. Guitstik, I thought I might have the lens you were looking for, but turns out that I do not. It is a vivitar series 1, 35-85mm 1:2.8. It looks like a pretty good lens. Had it for several yeasr, but have never used it.
    I wouldn't say that an OM-10 has a short life span - after all, yours has lasted this long .

An OM-10 is certainly less robust than an OM-2, but there are thousands (millions?) of them out there that still work fine - because if you use reasonable care with an OM-10, and don't encounter any serious bad luck, it will probably function fine.

Personally, I prefer an OM-20/OM-G among the consumer grade OM bodies. The built in manual exposure option is enough of a difference for me.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Rokkor 45/2 and am enticed by your zuiko 24/2,8. I am pretty sure that isn't a fair trade for you. PM me if I am on to something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin