Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 718

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Olympus OM-1 & 2n

I find myself in a position of joy and sadness. My daughter is in her final year of highschool and will be graduating this year. For the longest time she has not wanted me to do any of her portraits so I had resigned myself to that fact and not focused on those items that I would need for such as I had generally consigned my focus to architectural and nature photography (check out my gallery, no portraits). The few portraits I have done over the years have been with either a 50 or a 135 lens, neither of which are the best for such. I did have the use of an 85/2 Minolta lens several years ago but alas that is no longer available.

The long and short of it is that now she wants me to do her senior portraits and she has put me in the position of also doing those of her friends, mind you without asking me first. So now I am looking to include an 85/2 Minolta to my arsenal of glass and as money has been stung tight due the construction of our new house I must offer my Oly gear to that endeavor.

What I have to offer is an OM-1 and a 2n both in great shape but for the 2 that needs a battery cover that I managed to lose. I also have a 24/2,8 a 50/1,8 and a 75-150/4 all H, Zuiko glass. I also hav a Soligor 75-260/4,5 as well as a Vivitar 70-210/4,5.

I can supply pictures but as of now my world is in chaos due to all the moving and shuffling about so it may take time the same goes if you PM me but I will answer as I can.

Thank you
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why dont you just pick up a Zuiko 100/2.8 for the Oly's and have a better portrait lens. If you have any medium format gear, you have better portrait possibilities. A Yashica 6x6 will outperform any 35mm/lens combo.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick, I had thought of that but as of now my Minolta gear out numbers my Oly gear by about 5:1 and that is just bodies. I have an 80 for both of my Mamiyas but I kinda wanted to use the Minolta gear as I have more of an emotional attachment to it (I know, stupid). Plus, adding the 85 to my 35mm gear gives me a little more flexibility because I would like to start doing more portrait work, albeit somewhat more esoteric than the run of the mill portrait studios.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish I'd known about that, I just gave away some Minolta stuff you could have used. Again, I will recommend a 100mm for portraits. It will allow you to get a tad further away from your subject to avoid distortion while staying close enough to be personal and pick up more detail. The 85mm's I've used were disappointing(here comes the posts-pro 85). You may want to try both to find which you prefer.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just my luck, if I believed in such. A day late and a dollar short.

The 100's I've used have been fairly decent and I do have the 135's that are close enough to do the job but I was looking to get right in that sweet spot that the 85 fills. I would consider and may still buy a 100 from KEH. But if any one has an 85/1,7 that would be good also.

Rick, I think I remember when you got rid of your Minolta gear. Don't tell me what you had I may cry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll send you a box of tissue and a list

In the meanwhile-- All you folks looking for decent Olympus gear, buy it from guitstik. He's a stand up guy and honest, he wont do you wrong.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why can't you use the OM1 with the 75-150 Zuiko it's a very good and useful portrait zoom ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can and could do just that with either the Oly or Minolta as I have tele's in that range but it has been my experience that when doing portraits it is best to use a fixed focus lens as they are designed to only cover that focal length instead of a tele that is used over a wide range so some compromise is manufactured into it. If I were to use a tele for portraits it would be one that covered a shorter focal length such as a 28-80 or even better an 80-100, neither of which I have.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have an OM-10 I just bought from a flea market. I am developing film I just took with it to see if it works. If so, will your OM-1 lenses be compatiable with the OM-10? What are you willing to trade for or how much do you want for them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin