Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,272   Online: 830

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

My Nikon AI-mount Rokinon 28mm f2.8

For your Canon shutter cord for Canon 5D Classic /20d/30d etc.

Tack sharp, I have a 28 2.8 Macro Albinar ADG already and this needs to get used. It was a pawnshop rescue, the elements are clean and fungus-free. The focus ring is a little chunky but it works well enough. Has the little pre-AI tab for you Nikkormat guys.

Also looking for a refrigerator-kept roll of Ektar 25 from the late 80's for the July 8th Shuttle Launch
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B&L 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 5.6 Symmar in a Synchro Compur
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have several freezer-kept rolls of Ektar 25. I have 120 and 35mm. I will have to check how many of each and get back to you if you are interested. I don't think the expiration date is late 1980's, though. I think it is '90's.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Early 90's is okay. I love the grain of the classic Ektar.

I haven't moved to 120 yet but when I get back on my feet I'm making the move to an RB67 / Kiev system, and I will likely be hitting you up again for that.
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    J-dogg, I have the RB67 that you are looking for. We can work something out with the Minolta gear you have plus a lil somin somin. I'm not talking cash, more along the lines of Minolta lenses. I'm looking for Auto Rokkor or 1st gen MC glass.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is what I have in the way of Ektar 25:

- Four rolls 35mm, emulsion matching and identically stored, expired 05/1998
    - Four rolls 120, emulsion matching and identically stored, expired 01/1998 (One box is splayed, but the spool itself is still wrapped.)

All are from the collection of a local commercial photographer (Todd Johnson) who a friend used to work for. Knowing Todd's level of technical obsession, I am assuming he stored them properly until I got them in 2006. They have been frozen since I got them. I have shot the 35mm and it seems OK for the most part, but perhaps a slight bit muted and with a very slight color cast. I shoot this film when I want that look, not when I want absolutely perfect color.

Here is an example (a pic of my own 3-print series on the wall at a group show, with my and my father's reflection) shot unfiltered in tungsten light hand held with my IIIc Leica, scanned with a Nikon scanner, and color corrected in the computer. I happen to have this example scanned because I needed to send it to a family member at the time.

I'm not so sure I want to get rid of the 120 just yet, but make me an offer on the 35mm if you want it. I don't think I need the lens you are offering, though. But I shoot Canon and Nikon manual focus cameras, and Mamiya medium format stuff. Or make an offer of money.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-29-2011 at 10:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I'm unemployed and got pretty much nothing until by some miracle I get hired :/
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nothing to trade? I already have three 28mm lenses...
    2F/2F

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin