Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,739   Online: 1106

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dfgriff57 View Post
    That is a thought bushpig. A friend of mine has the RZ and that's the one I have shot with a few times. Images are awesome to say the least. I can print b&w in my darkroom, but the color is tricky scanning at least for now. A little more experience might help. Do you feel that the images from the lenses for the RB are as good as from the RZ's newer lenses? I'll have to search for a comparison of the two systems. Thanks
    I don't own the RZ, so I don't wanna say too much about it.

I do own the RB though and love it. I only have the 90mm C lens, but I'm amazed by it. The K/L lenses are supposed to have better coatings than the C lenses, but I'm more than satisfied with them. I didn't know that you could use the RZ lenses on the RB, but if that's so, then I'd personally go for the RB (which I did). However, I don't care for all the electronics, so the RB was a no-brainer for me. That may be different for someone else. I just don't want you to feel that I'm trying to trick you into getting something you're not happy with.

Come to Bakersfield. I'll let you try my RB. I let a flickr contact use it since he was ready to jump to medium format. He originally planned on getting a Pentax 67, but ended up going with the RB.

Anyways, I think you'll be satisfied with either the RB or RZ after working with 135. It's just a matter of determining what's more suited to your style.

And don't let anyone say you can't hand-hold or shoot street with one. I shoot street with my RB all the time and I only shoot hand-held.

Boo-Ya!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the meter prism for the RZ, I think, I get the RZ, RB and 645 confused. I dont have a metered prism for the RB, my 645 has the metered prism and I think my RZ does as well. But the last time I used it I metered with my Weston. Dang, I'm gonna have to check when I get home. Either way, they are all excellent cameras but they are not my main carry cameras and I tend to use them on a tripod most of the time. I am working on a book of historic sites in the county were I live and those are the cameras I am using for that project.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey guys thanks for all the input and advice. I'm liking this site a lot, no one is bashing my head in for asking simple questions, at least simple to me. For the size of the negative, 6x7 versus 35mm format, I'm looking forward to it. There are some great shots on flickr groups, haven't had a chance to peruse this group yet. Again, thanks, and I know where to come when a question pops up.

Bushpig, I'll have to start working out again to handhold that thing. Looks intimidating, which is why I like it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys thanks for all the input and advice. I'm liking this site a lot, no one is bashing my head in for asking simple questions, at least simple to me. For the size of the negative, 6x7 versus 35mm format, I'm looking forward to it. There are some great shots on flickr groups, haven't had a chance to peruse this group yet. Again, thanks, and I know where to come when a question pops up.

Bushpig, I'll have to start working out again to handhold that thing. Looks intimidating, which is why I like it.
    I love APUG. It's possibly my favorite forum. Maybe tied with LFF. People on both forums are amazingly polite and incredibly helpful. I love them all.

Since jumping to 6x7 with my Koni-Omega (tragically unused since I got my RB), I don't shoot 135 at all. My poor FM2 and Konica Auto-Reflex are probably lonely and missing my hands.

The RB67 is a little intimidating, but I think once you hold it for just a little while, you'll see it's mostly hearsay and just a bad reputation as far as it's weight. Like I've said, it actually makes hand-holding much easier for me. I'd rather hold the RB than something much lighter. I can get clear shots at very slow shutter speeds with no problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi bushpig, thanks for the heads up. That's ironic, I have an old koni 200 with the 90mm. It's eat up with fungus, but I can still get a decent image out of it. Needed to upgrade for awhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks to all those interested, the kit is gone. Traded.

Shooter
    35mm
    Big and heavy is certainly a relative term. Of course the MF camera is big where it counts the most - the film real estate . . . ;-)

The prism finder is very nice - big and bright, making critical focusing very easy and convenient. And of course Mamiya RZ lenses are about as good as they get.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks to all those interested, the kit is gone. Traded.
    For what?! We (at least me) wanna know what you ended up getting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi bushpig sorry wasn't thinking. :-) an rb67 pros with a 50mm c lens and a 140 c lens with caps for both body and lens. Wlf, dual cable release, four different filters and 2 backs. It all looks good has new seals and shutters are right on. Could ihave bought the same on fleabay? Maybe! But not without some doubt and to me less perceived loss on trying to sell my gear. I'm trading with a long time member of apug so I feel better about the swap. I'm happy with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Les that's a great comparison in size. I rarely used the 300 mm I'm trading but it ccertainly added to the weight of a setup. Does anyone have a shot of the rz and rb side by side? The rz looks bigger.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin