Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,460   Online: 964

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

WTT 35mm Gear, flash, lens

In lieu of trying to obtain a MF system, I thought I would ask here first, thereby saving some aggravation with most auction sites. I would like to venture into MF. I have a Nikon F5 camera in the box with manual, it's in excellent condition with no issues with an SB600 and SB80DX in the box. The SB600 is like new, rarely used. I also have the MC33 cable and software, the MH30 for the F5. The lens are a Nikon 105 F2.5 AIS, glass is excellent, no marks, a little dust inside. A Nikon 300mm F4.5 AIS that I just had CLA'd by Focal Point and they did an excellent job. The aperture blades had oil on them. There is no marks on the glass, and aperture is snappy. I'm looking for a RZ67 Pro II setup if anyone is interested. Not sure how to post pics here, but I can upload to flickr. Thanks for your time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63099948@N07/

Don
    Last edited by dfgriff57; 07-04-2011 at 07:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bet you'll love the RZ. I've never shot one, but I love my RB67 Pro S. It's my main shooter. I don't know if you have your heart set on the RZ, but if not, you might want to consider the RB67. No electronics to go wrong and the prices can't be beat. One of the cheapest, most versatile camera systems out there.

Anyways, good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a thought bushpig. A friend of mine has the RZ and that's the one I have shot with a few times. Images are awesome to say the least. I can print b&w in my darkroom, but the color is tricky scanning at least for now. A little more experience might help. Do you feel that the images from the lenses for the RB are as good as from the RZ's newer lenses? I'll have to search for a comparison of the two systems. Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both the RB and the RZ and image quality for both is excellent. Lenses for the RB can be used on the RZ as well so you could swap lenses with your friend. You only lose auto focus when using the RB lenses on the RZ.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guitstik. I was unaware that the RZ had auto focus? Found a few flickr groups with a good comparison image wise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Autoexposure?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that is what he meant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah yeah that's it. I don't have any RZ lenses as all of mine are for the RB so I still do everything manually.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    guitstik, do you use a metering prism or separate light meter? Incident or spot metering?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The RZ's a great camera, only a bit too big and heavy to drag around too long or far. That can be offset by carying fewer lenses, or other gear.

The prism finder is nice but heavy. I always prefered to use a handheld meter and the waist level finder which is also easier to focus accurately.

Good luck with it.

JJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin