Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,325   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

wtb packard shutter

I need a shutter to go with my new monster petzval, the diameter would need to be at least 4 inches. Don't care about the cosmetics in the slightest as long as it's moderately functional.

Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    I I like your little lens... recently sold my front mount shutter..I had made front mount plates for it so it would fit on all of my lenses... It had different plates that would mount the shutter to the lens by friction ....Attached to this would be nice 4 1/2 inch filter slot...........This would slip over a large lens shade as well as a short wide angle lens shade...It was a hot set up I must say ...The hole in the pressure fitting plates would be lined with velcro...I believe I have some pictures if you would like to see them..

John Cremati

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to the source.

http://www.packardshutter.com/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What a beast. All I would need is a K-mount adapter back. Then I could put the Pentax 1.7x AF adapter behind it and have the world's only AF Petzval!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had no idea that they were still making Packards, those prices are way off the charts though.

Here's the results I got this evening by just flipping off the lights, pulling the dark slide and tripping the flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice lens. Only wish I had your problem of lens but no shutter. Would be great for tin-types and lenscap shutter. Should you ever decide you are tired of messing with it, please send to me for disposal. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll probably be selling it in the next few weeks if you're interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello, very interesting results you got with the lens. I'm going to have have a look around and find one for 4x5, at least, if not a 5x7 or 8x10. Regarding your need for a shutter for that lense.... I'm working on an idea... bought a junker 4x5 Speed Graphic... only thing working was shutter, so I cut off about an inch from the front of the body so that I only have left is the wback part with the shutter curtain and mechanism. You get a 6x8" box, but you have a light 4x5 shutter hole when wide open. Still haven't decided how to mount it on my 8x10 Deardorff. Anybody have any ideas, I'd like to hear about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, now THAT is an idea! I happen to have a dead SG, too, and a big Heliar that needs a shutter....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin