Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,022   Online: 920

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mid Atlantic Swap meet interest.

Talking this morning with the guys at Pro Camera and the idea came up to see how much interest there would be out there for a swap meet this coming summer. It would be a place to bring photo equipment, darkroom equipment, cameras, lenses, anything related to sell, trade or just pick up something to add to your own kit. If there is enough interest I would be willing to set things up with a local hotel for space and reduced rates for participants here in Charlottesville Virginia. We are centrally located off interstate 81 or 64 depending on whether you are traveling east west or north south. We could also put together some informal talks, photo shoots ect. for what ever ideas anyone has. Respond if this sounds like a good idea as soon as possible so I can get to work setting up a date and place. Let's make this happen and get away from the mainstream, online, digital whatever, options we're so tired of. Who knows, we might even bring back the concept of actual face time with some other members of our community of film users. Hell, some of us might even enjoy a good cup of coffee together and a few lively discussions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If I were in the area, I'd definitely want to participate!

Dieter Zakas
    NJ

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wish we had something like that up here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would definitely attend and bring some cash!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would be interested.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few enlargers that I would bring, some Oly 35mm gear, and a Calumet 4x5 to sell as well. I'll have to check that area out on mapquest to see if it isn't too awfully far from my son.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Rick - dunno where your son is, but they're not terribly far from I-81, so it would be almost a straight shot for you to get down there. Long, but easy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My son and Daughter-in-law lived in Charlottesville while getting advanced degrees' at the University. I've been their many times and love the town. I would be tempted to lug some stuff down, depends on the dates though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin