Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,867   Online: 1060

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Exposure 2--The Closest Thing to Film Since Film--by Alien Skin--$150 shipped free

Exposure 2 DVD Software by Alien Skin
    ---The Closest Thing to Film Since Film

Give your digital photos the look and feel of film.

A powerful yet easy-to-use plug-in for Photoshop and compatible host programs.

· Simulates current, obscure, and discontinued print and slide films.

· Features more than 300 presets for effects like push and cross processing.

· Includes sophisticated black and white conversion and infrared simulation.

· Captures the grain, texture, and tones of the world’s most popular film stocks.

$150 shipped free
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010073.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Are you serisous?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That's the description on the outside of the DVD box.
    I've never used this software so I have no opinion as to its effectiveness.
    It has received many positive reviews from actual users.
    YMMV.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why is this crap on the forum?
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Actually, it's kind of interesting that somebody has compiled an archive of film characteristics through visual rendition. It's a digital simulation via algorithms, but it is nonetheless interesting to have the unique fingerprint of each film type, including obscure ones.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm also sure it would be interesting...on the DPUG forum.

It's good to use one's head for something other than a place to hang your hat, sometimes.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    As long as they are posted in the "Anything Goes" classifieds forum, for sale/for trade items like this are within the APUG rules. If you would like to turn off the "Anything goes" classifieds forum, click on "My APUG" on the menu bar, click on "General Options," and then scroll down to "Forums to Exclude from view" to remove this forum and any other forum you like from your APUG experience.

Whether APUG is a good market for this sort of product--that's up to the seller.
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 02-11-2012 at 03:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank heavens for the Anything Goes forum on APUG. I am dedicated to film and its physical integrity, but that does not mean I am anti digital. Digital is a great technology which allows us to post film generated images worldwide in an instant. When digital photography started I thought what a great asset to supplement film. It is only in the last 10 years that marketing men have hijacked it at the detriment to film. The two can live together.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Thank heavens for the Anything Goes forum on APUG. I am dedicated to film and its physical integrity, but that does not mean I am anti digital. Digital is a great technology which allows us to post film generated images worldwide in an instant. When digital photography started I thought what a great asset to supplement film. It is only in the last 10 years that marketing men have hijacked it at the detriment to film. The two can live together.
    Agree, instead of bashing each side, let's just coexist peacefully.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The "Anything Goes" forum is just for sales and trades, and digital items are allowed, as are other things (watches, bicycles, musical instruments, etc.) that individuals may wish to offer to fellow APUG members. It isn't a forum for discussion of digital topics. That's what DPUG.org is for.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin