Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,280   Online: 825

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Nikon Coolscan IV

I'm selling my Nikon Coolscan IV. It doesn't come with anything other then the scanner, carrier, standard single slide and strip carrier module. The only "flaw" is that I filed one frame of the carrier so that I can scan the entire 35mm frame area, which IMO is great. It doesn't effect the film being held flat unless its really curled which the holder struggles with anyway. A few examples of scans I made are attached. I've gotten better at scanning since I bought it so if you search my Flickr photostream for Coolscan, you'll see some less then ideal results probably, but those really aren't the scanners fault. I've used VueScan with this (and my Minolta 5400 II, on my OSX 10.5 Mac Pro) because the NikonScan software is kinda slow. It works as well as anything really but VueScan takes about half as long to make a scan. NikonScan is free to download though. It was supposedly "serviced" by the previous owner as well—the lenses and/or mirror cleaned? Not sure exactly but the scans are sharp. In any case, this is a great scanner actually and I was planning on hanging onto it because I think I like the overall look of scans from it a bit better then the 5400 II, which I bought mainly because I wanted the extra resolution for my half frame of which I shoot a lot, but a deal for a near mint Doctor Who pinball machine (UNOBTANIUM) came up and I need to raise some cash money. Yes, pinball my other obsession... w00t to any other pinheads on apug! Price is $400 shipped/paypalled in the US. Or simply make an offer, the worst I can say is no.

Light vs. Light by eurekaiv, on Flickr

Hope by eurekaiv, on Flickr

Serving Pensacola's Seafood Consumers by eurekaiv, on Flickr

And an old slide I scanned...

Team Minnow by eurekaiv, on Flickr

Sometimes I post my photos on flickr.
    Sometimes I update my tumblr.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not a fan of pinball, but I LOVE Doctor Who. GLWS!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I LOVE pinball. I don't think I've ever seen Dr. Who. Read a little about it on wikipeadia just now...sounds horribly complex. One of my favorites was/is Gorgar...fuess that one is far from rare though. Alos loike the machines with more than just two flippers....and the few that had multi-stage flippers....

Anyway...best wishes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm another pinball fan on APUG!

I think this guy has a Dr. Who somewhere (but it may be in one of his other buildings, not this one...)

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Doctor Who isn't really a rare game—I think they made like 7000 of them or so—it's the never routed and beat to crap Doctor Who that's rare. The one I'm buying will replace my not so rare, routed and beat to crap one.

Seriously.. if anyone needs a film scanner, make me an offer. I'm flexible.

jpa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    I'm another pinball fan on APUG!

I think this guy has a Dr. Who somewhere (but it may be in one of his other buildings, not this one...)

Duncan

OK - where is that place? Does it happen to be in IL? Almost looks like heaven...

Also, good luck on the sale - it's a good scanner.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sold... thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin