Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,535   Online: 1080

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Want to smoke a banana?

Well, old Jon can help you do that for certain. Back in the early to mid 1960s it was rumored that smoking the dried strings from the inner peels of bananas would get you high. One of the two jobs I had at that time was soda jerk, and so I got to peel lots of bananas for banana splits. Following the directions I had heard on a late night radio show, I dried the strings and rolled them into a cigarette and one night after work prepared to go tripping. Did it work? Well if you can get high by vomiting, I suppose the banana idea might be great. The cigarette smelled and tasted just about like burning garbage...and there was no narcotic effect at all from it. It reminded me of a cigarette marketed a little later under the name of Bravo. Those were made from dried cabbage or lettuce.

On the other hand if you want to smoke something more traditional, then this might be just what you need. I haven't smoked in a long long time, but I know others still do and cigarettes are expensive today. If you want a gizmo that will let you make your own (and you probably can still purchase filters), this is a real gem. You open it, put in your cigarette paper, add tobacco and make sure it is evenly distributed, lick the gummed strip on the paper and close the cover. Out comes your perfectly rolled cigarette. The Polo device was one of the best you could get. This one is in very good condition with 2 or 3 paint chips and some minor rust spots on the inner chrome edge. Nothing that will hamper your cigarette creating pleasure, though.

$10 plus actual cost of mailing, and I'll send this anywhere. PayPal ok for international, check/cash/money order inside the USA please.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Polo1.jpg   Polo2.jpg   Polo3.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gawd, I just luv yer creative marketing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen one of these in action, suprisingly by someone from a swimming club I was a member of.

PS, are my camera seals on the way?!

Shooter
    35mm
    A swimming club? Interesting. Yes...a Pentax ME kit as I recall. Mailed Monday morning.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Jon ,

Cigarettes are expensive here in Turkey also and We make our stuff. Its more modern than your technology. We buy 200 filtered empty cigarette cartouches for 4 dollar and buy 1 kilogram tobacco for 30 dollars and a filling machine for 5 dollars , you take single white paper filtered cartouche , put to the end of machine from the open end , machine squeezes the end to the machine , put to the rail pinch of tobacco and machine fills the cartouche with tobacco.

100 packages of Cigarettes costs you 70 dollars , single package costs 70 cents and tobacco is excellent and better than all american cigarettes.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    That is interesting. Thanks for the explanation. The technology with this is old, but it still works perfectly. Maybe there is a similar machine to yours available here, but I do not smoke so I have no need for it.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Where do you put the banana in that lil thingie?

http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    35mm
    You have to use these bananas: http://international.stockfood.com/P...image=00379813
    They'll fit just fine.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do they call it mellow yellow?
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I still smoked tobacco I'd buy that device in an instant!

Btw, the seals I ordered arrived yesterday, thanks for the fast service!
    -Jim

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin