Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,606   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    that guy who wrote "The Pina Colada Song"...which probably has another title but who really cares?
    Jon
    I just can't understand why it is that I often can't remember who wrote or sang a really good song, or even the song's actual title, but somehow I remember that song is "Escape" by Rupert Holmes.

Maybe because escape is all I wanted to do every time I heard it.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    You're right. It was "Escape." Like Buffett, Holmes is another person who has "graduated" from writing songs to writing novels. I count on the garage sale our church has each spring as one good source of used books. In the bag of novels I bought this year was a book written by Jimmy Buffett. If any of you out there are huge Jimmy fans and if you also think his novels are terrific, I think that is fine. Different strokes and all that. I couldn't finish the thing even though I kept trying for several nights. To me, reading it was like pushing a bus with no wheels through deep mud. Far too many characters, almost nothing to tie them together and the plot was silly. I know, some of you may be thinking "silliness was why his songs were charming," but there's a difference between 3 minutes of silly and 500 pages of silly.
    Jon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin