Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,699   Online: 720

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG Members Helping Victims of Sandy

Do you have extra camera equipment you could donate to other photographers that lost theirs in the storm?
    The East Coast of the US has been slammed and so many have lost so much. Many of us were spared and others are displaced, and or have lost everything.

As a community I challenge us all to look within and see what we have that will help those who have lost so much. I encourage all to donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and consider the following:

Post in this thread what you are willing to give, a camera, lenses, darkroom things, point and shoots both film and digital. Things to help photographers in our affected areas get back to some basis of normal.

Those in need (and be honest now) please PM the poster and arrange shipping.
    So dust off your working cameras someone else could use and reach out and help them. Itís good MOJO.

Iíll start. I have a functional and nice condition Nikon N80 film body. It will need a lens (autofocus) I am willing to ship to a photographer in an area where Sandy has done damage. I will throw in some film too. Anyone have an Autofocus lens willing to match my offer?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was going to list a camera in the classifieds today but after reading your post i decided that i would rather give it to someone who lost their equipment in the storm on the east coast.. Im sorry its not much .. Pentax K1000 w/lens.. I will also cover the shipping cost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 013.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got an N65 with 28-80 AF kit lens, it works and I'll even throw in a free roll of film. Also have an EOS Rebel 2000? Some kind of EOS Rebel film camera, not sure if I have a lens for it but I'm sure I could dig up something.

I'd be willing to split the kit lens if I have no takers on my N65. It's a pretty decent lens and should work on older F cameras.

I'll look around and see what else I have, most of my stuff is 35mm.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a Beseler 23C enlarger with Dichro head, 35mm, 6x6 and perhaps a couple other carriers (maybe a 6x9?) that someone can have, and I think I have a spare 80mm Minolta enlarging lens on the appropriate board. It's in good working order, nothing wrong with it at all, I'm just mostly contact printing and when I do have the urge to enlarge I have a Beseler 45 that I can use. I'm willing to deliver to a mutually convenient location within reason. If you need one, let me know where you are and we can work something out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As kind as photo gear may be, I'm suspecting that money in the relief fund may be of more immediate help. That is my take on the situation. I hope we can all support both types of relief efforts.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think rather obviously these are luxuries, and while far from necessary, sometimes it's little things like this that help restore a feeling of normalcy after a tragedy like this. It's why Allstate gives out teddy bears. But you're right, the cash donations are in higher need at the moment - please don't neglect the Red Cross or other local disaster relief agencies (volunteer fire/rescue!). If you don't have cash, give some of your time, even if it's just stuffing envelopes or answering phones to help collect donations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I certainly do support the Red Cross (OP) and hope we all will. Our church is also helping too. I hope that in time as those in the East do eventually have their needs tended too they find a level of human comfort in the gift of a camera others are offering here.

Please pray, donate and anything else you can do. Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hi daleeman

i have a free free free thread
    and i posted there to divert the free gear
    if there is any, to this thread. what a great thing you are suggesting !

best
    john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin