Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,068   Online: 1098

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS or FT Nikon COOLSCAN II (LS-20) 35mm film scanner

I have uncovered my ancient Nikon COOLSCAN II (LS-20) 35mm negative and slide scanner. I bought this new in the late 90's before I bought a digital camera. It always worked fine and I am sure it can work again, IF YOU KNOWClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1-DSCN1267.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	349.2 KB 
ID:	59751 what you are doing. It is SCSI interface. I have no cables, but it does have a SCSI terminator installed. The power cable is standard 3 prong computer. I always kept a slide in it to reduce dust and it has never been cleaned or dismantled. I just checked Nikon and they no longer support it, but SilverFast says they do! I have 3 paper manuals and a pristine negative holder but no software. As is. I can sell it or preferably I will trade for B&W film of almost any kind, size and age. I will never use this thing again, yet it did digitize all my 60's to 90's 35mm. So I got my money and use out of it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-DSCN1266.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	242.9 KB 
ID:	59752

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FYI:

Vuescan will also support this scanner.

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/nikon_ls_20.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have Vuescan. Great software that revived a couple old flatbeds. I simply have no use for this scanner anymore...I went large format.

Shooter
    35mm
    How much are you asking for it?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin