Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,306   Online: 1103

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

A most unique trade proposal

B&O 5833 RX2 with MMC 4
    Works great.

will trade for ...

black Blad 50mm or 120mm
    8x10 camera
    8x10 film & holders

(pics tomorrow)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gorgeous turntable. I got one in exchange for rebuilding a deck back when I was in college. I still have and use it.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didn't know these were that popular outside of Denmark. The thrift stores here are always flooded with B&O equipment, to a degree where i suspect they dump a lot of it.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, a thrift store with B&O gear -- hard to imagine!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A thrift store is not my source for this, but in Columbus we have the best ones, imnsho, in the country.
    A couple of years ago I got a Contax T2 for $13 and a 35mm Rollei slr for $9.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Contax T2 was a deal... the Rollei SLR, you probably paid about the right price for it Lenses were great, but the bodies are horrendously unreliable and if they break, they're instant bookends as they essentially can't be fixed if it isn't something like the film rewind knob coming loose.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I find my best deals in pawn shops around these parts. The thrift stores are horrible and usually have the stuff no one wanted in their homes. I would love to find Contax and Rollei cameras in the thrift stores.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I don't get that stuff very often. Over the past 12 years I've found some very valuable bargains. Akai GX747 for $60. Netware 6.22 bump disk for $5. Minolta 100/3.5 macro, looked like new, in its case, for $15. Minolta 58/1.2 for $9. Columbus is a white-collar city so the pickings are good. We live in a middle-income neighborhood but wife and I are small town folks (mine was just over 700 and hers about 1500). So we look at what people put on the curb. Got some nice Lenox china one afternoon, most of a set. (It makes us sick to think of what people throw away.)
    Last edited by CollinB; 03-12-2013 at 06:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't suspect they would show up in US thrift stores either, i reckon B&O is considered luxury. It IS good hardware, no doubt, but we're rather flooded over here.

Just last saturday i scored a Rollei enlarger with El-Nikkor 50:2.8 attached to it. I had to cough up with the pricey sum of 50 danish kroner, equivalent to 8,5 usd. I also got an Olympus XA for half that price. My wallet suffered immense losses that day.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Good finds. I did not realize that thrifting was a near-universal pleasure.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin