Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,098   Online: 997

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images

Way off topic: Gillette Razors

I have a couple of double-edged razors that have not been used for a few months, so out they go.

Trade for a propack of film, anyone? I can throw in some blades to get someone started if need be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img-2-4.jpg   img-8.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like a Knack and long-tooth New. Both excellent shavers that I enjoy using! Looks like a good trade option for someone who wants to get into wet-shaving.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't help but comment on how similar razors and cameras are:
    the entrance cost is relatively low, but the cost of consumables will add up...

:-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carefull, you can make cameras into razors.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Indeed, good eye there, Blooze!

Peter, I've found by buying in bulk (or going to a straight edge!), the consumables can be kept to a somewhat sane level. I've got more aftershave than I will ever be able to use, though.

If somebody needs a full kit put together to make this more enticing, I can throw in a puck of soap and a boar brush, and some aftershave.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do we have a pool of blade experts or do we have to start mentoring? Can you still get batteries fore these?
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Shooter
    35mm
    Cast your minds back to when electric razors had been out for a few years and had certainly got better. Well at that point remember all the hype about it being the end of wet shaving, out-dated, primitive technology etc? Ring any bells with another debate?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    Do we have a pool of blade experts or do we have to start mentoring?
    I don't know if htere is a pool of experts, but I've bled a pool of blood becoming an expert. Best blades ever are Merkur. I use cheap Korean blades, Dorco, day-to-day use. I once liked Wilkinson Sword but mostly for hteir logo. They are getting hard to find so I moved on to less interesting logos.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I'm no huge fan of Merkurs but dislike Dorcos even more. Got a bulk of red Personnas and have been working through those when I'm not in the mood for a straight (talk about a nice blade...) shave.

Walmart has Wilkinsons now, much better pricing than any typical drug store...at least in my area. Ever tried Feathers? Super super smooth in a Super Speed or similar.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Never tried Feathers, but they are mentioned often as the favorite of many blade users.

The Dorcos seem a bit inconsistent - some sharper than others and some staying sharper longer than others. I strop them after ever second shave and they last longer. The best part is that they are dirt cheap. When I run out (94 blades from today) I'll likely try some premium blades instead of continuing to be cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin