Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,722   Posts: 1,514,974   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm

FS: One more box and this time I've got...

3 Deans, 3 Pattersons, 1 Pat, 1 Laurence, 1 Agatha and a Mickey. Huh? Jon's off his meds again? Nope. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view), I don't take any.
    Here's what I do have for your summer enjoyment, though:

Dean Koontz "Intensity"
    Dean Koontz "Watchers"
    Dean Koontz "Life Expectancy" (in contrast to some of Dean's work, there is actually humor in this one)

James Patterson "When The Wind Blows"
    James Patterson "Pop Goes the Weasel"
    James Patterson "2nd Chance"
    all three of these were NY Times #1 bestsellers.

Patricia Cornwell "Predator" Another #1 bestseller.

Laurence Shames "Florida Straits" This was a bestseller and easy to see why. You feel like you're smack in the middle of the story as it is happening (unraveling?) and parts are very funny. Well written.

Agatha Christie "The Mirror Crack'd" (Miss Marple mystery)

And finally...Mickey Spillane "The Deep" Mickey isn't for everybody, but a lot of people thought "The Deep" was very good work. I'm not sure that would be my opinion, but it is what it is.

With reservation (because I've not read it), I'll also include "Bones of Coral" by James Hall to fill the box completely. It was a best seller, and that's all I can tell you about it.

All 11 of these for $10 total, and that includes the cost of USPS Media Mail postage in the Continental USA. Sorry but books are hard to ship internationally because of weight and cost. Check, cash or money order...these all work for me. Please send questions or messages to me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jon, do you know www.paperbackswap.com? Do you know Daniel Silva? Bill BArber

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks...no, I haven't seen that site before. "The Boss" has told me to sell these books rather than swap them for more, and that is the important guidance here. Well, there is an alternative. I could keep them and live in the back yard, possibly using the boxes as pillows or furniture. However here in lovely North Texas we have a large problem with West Nile Virus, so living outside in the summer is a lot like playing Russian Roulette with a loaded Howitzer. And if I'm fortunate enough to avoid the West Nile stuff, there are always the fire ants. Well, in case you haven't heard they may only be with us for a little while longer. It seems the fire ants are now being displaced by what are called crazy ants (which I think could simply be fire ants who have mated with or been genetically mutated with DNA from Lindsay Lohan). Just like Lindsay, they can not walk in a straight line, they don't sting but they are attracted to electrical things (like solenoids...they love those). Then when one ant unavoidably gets zapped, he squirts out this strong damage pheremone and all the other crazy bastards run over to attack whatever it was that killed him. Then they all get zapped and the process repeats until you have this large ball of dead ant carcasses that cause whatever electronic thing they happen to be in to no longer function or in some cases to short circuit.

Daniel Silva...yes, I know a bit about him, but I've not read any of his work. Right now I'm reading things that make me smile or preferably laugh out loud.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel Silva...yes, I know a bit about him, but I've not read any of his work. Right now I'm reading things that make me smile or preferably laugh out loud.
    Jon[/QUOTE]

Probably won't make you smile, however of the folks I read (Flynn, Connelly, Baldacci, Child) he is IMHO the best writer. If you ever decide to backslide and read a murder mystery, Silva is one worth trying. Bill Barber

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Bill. I do read murder mysteries, but generally I read them in the winter.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    All sold.
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin