Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,787   Online: 863

Shooter
    Medium Format

FS: Canon 135mm/f2.0 and 35mm/f1.4

As is my tendency to do (the bane of my wife's existence), I bought these during a fit of GAS. Both lens were purchased from B&H, have barely been used, and are in perfect condition. As I do more and more with film, I realize that I am never going to use these and that they are better served in the loving hands of someone who will put them to use.

135mm/f2.0 (in my humble opinion, the perfect portrait lens in the Canon line-up): $800 USD

35mm/f1.4 (fast L glass - what else can I tell you?) - $1000 USD

I have attached a few pictures, but please let me know what other pictures or additional information would help you to make a decision.

-Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canon1.JPG   Canon2.JPG  
    "Once the amateur's naive approach and humble willingness to learn fades away, the creative spirit of good photography dies with it. Every professional should remain always in his heart an amateur." - Alfred Eisenstadt

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Both of these are great lenses if anyone is using EOS 1, 3, etc bodies with film.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matthew:

Those are great lenses for anyone shooting EOS film bodies. And not just the top of the line ones. You should either:

1) get yourself an EOS film body or two, and use them; or
    2) close this thread down and start it up again in the regular For Sale thread.

You can always ad to that thread that the lenses are known to work on Canon digital cameras as well.

If you need a perfectly usable Canon EOS Rebel 2000 plus battery grip, have I got a deal for you!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah that 135L is a top of the line lens and the 35/1.4 isn't a slouch either. Nobody uses these on film because they're all digital freaks. Be the first, or third ;-).

Personally my 135L doesn't get a lot of use primarily because I don't use that length a lot but when I have the results have been stellar. I do have some 85/1.2L film shots on my Flickr but that was a rental. I prefer manual focus lenses in general.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin