Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,379   Online: 755

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

FS: Custom photo editing/databsing PC-- 8 Core, 16GD DDR3, 6770HD, Win 7 Ultimate

Hey everyone,

Everyone locally seems to be low-balling me on this, as nobody locally seems to really need this kind of power. Mostly hearing from 19 year old gamers, with no money and cheetos encrusted in their hair.

Anyways, I actually built up this PC for high-powered virtualization and databasing purposes. It is also fantastic for photo editing, especially with scans of MF and LF film. Editing massive scans is still time consuming, but lag between actions is drastically reduced. Would be even better with dual, or a more professional (Quatro, FireGL, etc) graphics card.

Here are the specs:

ASUS M5A92 r2.0 Motherboard-- High powered 4 spots for RAM, on-chip dedicated RAID controller (2 separate SATA ports to keep the lag down-- 4 standard SATA ports)
    AMD FX-8120-- 8 Cores, 3.6 GHZ. I downclocked this significantly to keep things cool while running 4 VM's on full load for long periods. Stayed cool, and never had stability issues. If you're into tuning, gaming, or what not, this could easily be pushed up past 4GHZ.
    16GB Patriot Viper 3 RAM, DDR3 1600MHZ. Fast, stable, and lots of memory to spare. Most windows programs will become unstable before using this much RAM individually, so it makes for an awesome multitasking setup.
    XFX Radeon 6770 HD-- High quality card that ran 3 monitors for me. One monitor I was able to color calibrate. Not the best for editing, but this is an easy swap.

Everything is loaded in an Antec 900 case filled with fans, a 650W 80+ Silver (very efficient, low heat) PSU. In the case is a 500GB SATA HDD, and a SATA DVD Burner.
    Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate license can be included.

Anyways, I only used this computer to it's full extent for s short project. I kept it around for photo editing, but I despise computer based photo editing, so I don't really use it anymore. It's a bit over a year old.

The tower fully loaded weighs about 40 lbs, so shipping would be very expensive. If you want everything, I'm near Tucson, AZ.

However, if you have an existing desktop that uses a standard ATX motherboard, all this will fit in the case and be a massive upgrade.

I would sell the motherboard, CPU, RAM, and GPU for $350. The CPU runs about $160 new, the RAM kit about $120, Motherboard about $80, and GPU about $150.

New PC's spec'ed like this go for well over a grand.

If you need everything (i.e. don't have an existing desktop) I can include the 500GB hard drive freshly wiped and reset, with a fresh install of Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit for another $100. Windows will be legitimate and I will include the product key. Just go to newegg or Tiger Direct, and get a PSU and Case for about $80 shipped. Would cost about the same as shipping just the case and PSU... those are the heaviest components.

I accept PayPal. Shipping will be on the buyer, but I'll be footing the bill for the proper antistatic packaging and padding.

Please PM me with any questions.

Also, would consider trading the core of the system (Mobo, CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD and Windows 7) for a good laptop-- Lenovo T series (specifically T410 and T510), ASUS, or Sony, and cash one way or the other depending on value.

EDIT: Will be packaged by my brother, who has many computer hardware certifications, and is currently a networking engineer with one of the largest tech companies in the area, so there is nothing to worry about for packaging. Shipment will also be fully insured.
    Last edited by fretlessdavis; 03-30-2014 at 12:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Finally found a non-flaky local buyer. Sold.
    New-ish convert to film.
    Pentax MX for 35mm
    Bronica ETRS for 645

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin