Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,371   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS/FT, Marshall JCM-2000 TSL 122 guitar amplifier

I just stubbed my toe on this and it reminded me that it has to go!!!

I know that a good deal of we APUGers are also musicians, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to list this here, just in case.

For sale or trade for photo equipment is a 100 W 2x12 Marshall combo amplifier, JCM-2000 TSL 122. Marshall's top-line JCM amp, in a 2x12 combo format. I believe the two stock speakers are a Greenback and a Vintage 75, though you should check the specs if you are interested. This amp is no longer made, unfortunately, so the used market is your only bet to get one. (Here is a third party's description of the amp: http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-MARTSL122?source=froogle. It is probably one of those scam places, but their description is probably lifted straight from Marshall.)

My father was the original owner (purchased around Y2K, I believe, he finally got a Marshall after wanting one his whole life), and I inherited it from him when he died a few years back. I have not played a single note through it since then. I am an Ampeg guy for the most part, when it comes to amplifiers (and I like Fender too). While I hate to sell such top-end and sentimental piece of equipment at such a loss, it is just a nice and expensive tool that is just sitting unused. I'd rather turn it into some photo equipment.

If anyone is interested, I will send you pix.

It is on good shape, with a few tiny cosmetic issues that will be visible in pix. Originally cost over 2 grand, however, I will listen to offers, knowing the used market for these. 3 percent to APUG. Amp is in Los Angeles. You pick up or arrange packing and shipping by a third party. I will not pack this myself.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 04-06-2010 at 05:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Your breaking my heart!! Geez I wish I could afford that.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Eric, I'm looking for offers around $1,000 or so. Not as much as it used to be, and a great value for so much amp.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have finally advertised this in the local classifieds. I am asking $850 O.B.O.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Too many controls for me!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same here, Steve. Not my cup of tea...but a wonderful amp all the same...and LOUD.

I am primarily a bassist, but my guitar amps consist of an Ampeg Jet II, a Fender Princeton Reverb, an Ampeg Reverberocket head/cab, and an Ampeg V-4 head/cab. All are amps with one simple row of knobs; even the Reverberocket, which has two channels, has nice and simple controls. (Only an extra gain and master control are needed for the second channel, which BTW I never use). I never liked monkeying with multi-channel amps. My most used guitar amps are the Jet (class A 15 W 1x12) and the Reverberocket (50 W head through one of a variety of cabinets). There is nothing I like quite the same as my ES-330 or a LP, Jr. cranked through the little class A Ampeg. With the Marshall, I'd rarely use the second "crunch" channel, let alone the third "lead" channel. Never liked Marshalls all that much anyhow, next to Ampegs or Fenders.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's still for sale. I just unearthed it again whilst searching for my monopod. Asking $750 local pickup now. Would also consider trade for a rosewood board American Standard Precision bass in black, white, or primary red (non metallic).
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice collection you have-I'm with you on the amp front. I have a Marshall MKII 50w 2x12 combo, a Sovtek Mig50 head and a 1x12 Marshall cabinet, a Sears Silvertone combo, a Kay combo, and a Gibson Les Paul Jr. Amp. Guitar-wise I mostly go straight in with single-coil Fenders. I think tremolo is about the best guitar effect there is.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    I think tremolo is about the best guitar effect there is.
    That and a single slapback echo are the only effects I use.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin