Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,353   Online: 796

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I guess I just think it's sad because when we purchase our gear (film cameras) we are assured it will hold value. Hell I've bought into systems knowing that if it didn't work for me for whatever reason that I could still sell it and get my money back out of it. Digital is disposable. You buy a camera, then 3 to 5 years later you upgrade. That's what sad to me.
    Good lenses seem to be holding their value quite nicely, and they often make up a significant portion of the photographer's investment.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    who gives a shit !
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Castilla View Post
    who gives a shit !
    Are you directing this at a particular post, or just making a general statement about life the universe and everything?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    how is the poor man going to sell this camera with us all on here fussing about, BTW still have and use my d70 and think it's a wonderful camera. 250 is a great price if I didn't have one I'd take it, good luck with sale Gustavo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Castilla View Post
    For sale Nikon D70 body
    good clean condition
    asking $250.00 plus shipping
    Can I use it as a wheel chock to keep a car from rolling down hill? [Gustavo, I am helping you. Really. I just gave your ad a bump.]

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    It is not sad, except maybe for those who do not keep their equipment long before selling it...and even then it is not sad, because no one is forcing them to sell so soon/often!

For everyone else, it is great! A 10D, 20D, or D70 for just a few hundred bucks is a good deal! On an absolute level, they are no less good than they were when they were brand new...and even on a relative level, compared to the models that have replaced them, they still aren't that bad.
    Amen! I'm always a couple of generations behind on purpose...When the Canon 30D came out, I was shooting with a 20D, when the 40D came out, I added a 30D to my collection, then a 10D. I ended up selling the 10D/20D and picked up another 30D...so, in the age of 50Ds, I'm shooting with a pair of bargain-priced 30Ds. The original owner of the 10D bought it for around $2,000 with taxes. I bought it off him with a grip, extra batteries, etc for $300...it was an amazing camera! I ended up selling it for $320 a year and a half later. The 20D I used for a couple of years and sold it for what I paid for it...and to this day miss it, it was an excellent camera. The 30Ds...well, I've always had a soft spot for them...I'll shoot them 'till the shutters drop out...even if by then Canon will be marketing their hyper-super-amazing 300MP 150D.

I'm trying not to get off topic...hoping this will help the OP sell his camera haha. My point is: older gear can still be wicked quality and they tend to not lose their value much anymore, so if buy one, then change your mind, you'll likely make most of your money back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is ridiculous. People can offer for sale their digital gear in the Misc. section of the classifieds. It's tedious for the seller (and the rest of us) that every time someone lists a digital set up for sale that we start having all these tired film and digital arguments. That's what the soap box is for. Don't hijack someone's classified ad. It benefits APUG if he's able to sell it here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a D70s and a D700. The D70s is an outstanding camera and makes wicked 11x14's, maybe bigger I haven't tried. The price is fair.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it a D70 or the D70s?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I guess I just think it's sad because when we purchase our gear (film cameras) we are assured it will hold value.
    I have a sales receipt for a Minolta XE-7 and 50/1.4 for $400 in mid-70s dollars that would disagree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin