Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,346   Online: 1052

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LowriderS10 View Post
    Amen! I'm always a couple of generations behind on purpose...When the Canon 30D came out, I was shooting with a 20D, when the 40D came out, I added a 30D to my collection, then a 10D. I ended up selling the 10D/20D and picked up another 30D...so, in the age of 50Ds, I'm shooting with a pair of bargain-priced 30Ds. The original owner of the 10D bought it for around $2,000 with taxes. I bought it off him with a grip, extra batteries, etc for $300...it was an amazing camera! I ended up selling it for $320 a year and a half later. The 20D I used for a couple of years and sold it for what I paid for it...and to this day miss it, it was an excellent camera. The 30Ds...well, I've always had a soft spot for them...I'll shoot them 'till the shutters drop out...even if by then Canon will be marketing their hyper-super-amazing 300MP 150D.

I'm trying not to get off topic...hoping this will help the OP sell his camera haha. My point is: older gear can still be wicked quality and they tend to not lose their value much anymore, so if buy one, then change your mind, you'll likely make most of your money back.
    I still use the 10D myself. It is my only digital camera. It is beat to hell, but has under 20,000 clicks on it. I would still recommend one of these with what they are selling for these days, as I would recommend this D70 for $250. The fact that depreciation hits digital equipment very hard is something that should be taken full advantage of, especially by those of use who put most of our photography money into film stuff, and who don't necessarily need the latest-greatest, plastic-fantastic whiz-bang gizmos to make good use of a digital camera.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    As long as your D70 comes with at-least 1 Nikon battery and the charger, and the camera hasn't seen much use, I'll offer to trade my Nikon F3HP with MD-4 motordrive, a Nikon SB-12 Speedlight, and a Nikon AI 43-86mm lens, as well as some "extras" (waist-level finder, 2 extra focus screens, Nikon heavy-duty off-camera flash cord, etc...), for your D70. My F3HP/MD4 are in excellent condition, as is the lens & Speedlight. Email me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo_Castilla View Post
    For sale Nikon D70 body
    good clean condition
    asking $250.00 plus shipping
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have to disagree with bblhed: My Nikon D50 with 6 MP made very good 20X30 prints (w/o pixillation) and with decent resolution--until the shutter failed after 3 years (something which was always unheard of with decent film cameras). The replacement D80 with 10 MP does better, as does my Canon S90 compact, also with 10 MP but on a smaller sensor ('tho larger than the typical compact sensor). Believe it or not, I have an old Olympus C-7000 with 7 MP on a small compact sensor that also makes very good 20X30 prints, although when that camera came out it was quite expensive for its limited feature set. My 35MM film Nikon F100 does about as well, but the shooting expense is now so high that I rarely use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin