Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,212   Online: 947

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

For sale Nikon D70 body

For sale Nikon D70 body
    good clean condition
    asking $250.00 plus shipping
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    35mm
    oh no! a digicam!
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's okay in the "Misc." classifieds.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I was just kidding around
    "A picture is a poem without words"
    ~Horace~

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's amazing how much these digital SLRs depreciate. I remember paying $1200 for mine new in 2005. Kind of sad actually.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is not sad, except maybe for those who do not keep their equipment long before selling it...and even then it is not sad, because no one is forcing them to sell so soon/often!

For everyone else, it is great! A 10D, 20D, or D70 for just a few hundred bucks is a good deal! On an absolute level, they are no less good than they were when they were brand new...and even on a relative level, compared to the models that have replaced them, they still aren't that bad.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I paid 1250.oo for mine I am hoping to get a newer model NOT New just a bit newer
    Gustavo Castilla
    We are not moved by things ,
    but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus.
    My site
    My flicker page
    Facebook
    Contact

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    It is not sad, except maybe for those who do not keep their equipment long before selling it...and even then it is not sad, because no one is forcing them to sell so soon/often!

For everyone else, it is great! A 10D, 20D, or D70 for just a few hundred bucks is a good deal! On an absolute level, they are no less good than they were when they were brand new...and even on a relative level, compared to the models that have replaced them, they still aren't that bad.
    I guess I just think it's sad because when we purchase our gear (film cameras) we are assured it will hold value. Hell I've bought into systems knowing that if it didn't work for me for whatever reason that I could still sell it and get my money back out of it. Digital is disposable. You buy a camera, then 3 to 5 years later you upgrade. That's what sad to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The problem is with seeing tools as financial investments in any way, shape, or form. The value in a tool comes only through use. It is lack of use that makes a camera expensive, not poor resale values. You don't want to lose money on a camera? Simple. Don't sell it, shoot it a lot, and, best of all, use it to make money.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the way I see it, my vision is probably not so good, but I will tell you what I think.

When film was king you could get away with keeping a camera body for a long time because your camera would get better as the film got better, Film makers made money and drew in new customers by making the film better and better. Camera makers kept money coming in by adding and dropping a few new cameras into and out of their line up every year or so.The only reason people bought cameras is because they wore out (Pros), there was a new gota have feature (Auto focus), they wanted something better (this point and shoot sucks), the old one was stolen, they broke the old one.

Now the film is integrated into the camera in the form of the sensor so if you want a better resolution photo you need a newer camera. Never mind that a 6MP camera can shoot a photo that can be printed 12 x 18 easily, no we need more resolution. I hate to say this, but until the sensor in a DSLR matches what 35mm film can do prices will keep doing what they are doing now. I think it is funny that people want better resolution, but the average casual photographer is going to get 4 X 6 prints, or only look at them on their computer screen that is not all that high res anyway. Pros are going to do big prints, and wear out equipment, but there is a limit to how large most pros will print, who really wants a 22 X 34 poster of themselves, really? Pros will probably take the hardest hit because prices will increase on a sharper curve as performance and price go up sharply every year, but you use up a camera in about a year or two, maybe three on the outside it's going to hurt. Eventually performance and price will hit a plateau and old digital will stabilize and prices for used equipment will be more like they were for film equipment before digital came along.

One thing really puzzles me in all this, I hear pros all the time say "I sold all my Nikon gear and went Cannon, then I sold all my Cannon gear and had to buy all new Nikon gear" Or the other way around. What is with this "ALL" my gear thing? I want to know why when you swap systems don't you keep your glass? Maybe not all of it, but at least keep the best, and hardest to replace stuff. You know you are lying when you say you will never go back, and even if you don't go back glass holds value better than a body, sell it in a better market, or at least wait until you are sure your staying. I was a mechanic for a lot of years so maybe that is my problem, mechanics never use the word sell when talking about their own tools, then again tools have played nice across systems starting with Snap-On in 1920, cameras not so much. Also I have ingrained in me the "as soon as I get rid of it I will need it" mentality.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin