Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,654   Online: 786

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

FREE!!! Darkroom chemcial.

I bought some used darkroom equipment several years ago and in one of the boxes were some chemicals. They have been stored in my garage and I cannot guarantee the quality.

I have kept them thinking I might use them, but now that I am on the brink of old age I need to lighten the load.

So, if you are working with Cyanotype I have some potassium ferrocyanide for you. It is in crystal form and the crystals are about the size of a large grain of rice. I have 16 ounces to give to you.

Here's the catch.
    Because this is a Hazardous waste product, I will not ship it, so local pickup is the only option.
    If you have someone local and have them ship it to you that is your decision and not mine, and I will not accept responsibility for that.

I live in Orange County California, and I am willing to meet you.

The only cost to you is your time.

pm me if interested.

Again, for those in the back "I will not Ship" local pickup only.

Gary

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is potassium ferricyanide a "Hazardous waste product"? What is your source of information for this statement?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I looked it up. Too bad, I need some. LINKY http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Pota...yanide-9927405
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Is potassium ferricyanide a "Hazardous waste product"? What is your source of information for this statement?

My source for my statement is three fold.
    1.) my cousin who is a chemical engineer.
    2.) a friend who works for Orange County Fire Autority in the Hazmat area.
    3.) I looked up the Material Safety Data Sheets online for potassium ferricyanide .

If you can provide authenticated documentation to the contrary, then I am open to amending my statement about Hazardous waste.
    However, I still do not want to ship the chemical.

Regards.

Gary
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess we need to define "Hazardous waste product". It also might be good to find out what the post office says about shipping a "Hazardous waste product", if there is such a thing. The stuff makes it from point A to point B alright somehow. I have received it in the mail without having to do anything fancy.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before you move it off, why not consider using it? Combined with a bit of Potassium Bromide and it makes a classic bleach, the precursor to many bleach and redevelop sepia and other type toners.

It is also used in film intensification as the first step bleach.

The solution can be re-used many times. I presume it is Ferri. Ferro is what Ferri becomes after it has bleached silver.
    my real name, imagine that.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Re: Potassium Ferricyanide. Safe when used with the most modest care.

So, just don't eat it; don't drink it; don't combine it with very strong acids; don't breathe it. Other than that, use according to the directions etc and it's fine.

I'm sure someone local to your area can use it. Your business if you do not want to ship it, but most of the chemical suppliers who specialize in bulk chemical supplies retail to photographers sell it and ship it. It is not one of the materials that shippers or DEA are wary of. Pretty tame material. Maybe someone local could get the PF from you and then ship to whoever?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The post office will allow you to ship it but it has to go ground transport only, they do not charge extra for that.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    gary, I'll take it.

I'm in glendora, just off the 57 and 210 interchange.

-Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The potasium Ferricyanide is spoken for.

Thanks

Gary
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin