Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,679   Online: 768

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format

FS: ULF flatbed scanner: 12x17 Epson 836XL

Well, here's my latest contribution to the local Photo Bazaar - a nice Epson 836XL flatbed scanner. It's listed scan area is 12.2" X 17.2", so an 11x14 is no problem. I scan 12x20's in two sections, and stitch them together in PS. The listed scan resolution is 800x1600 dpi. I've used the scanner for several years without problems. I'm confident it's got several more years of useful life.

Here's a link to Epson's Specs/FAQ regarding the scanner.

This scanner connects to a computer either through a SCSI interface, or a PC's parallel port. AIR, this scanner will plug right into a Mac, but you'll have to research that. I use it on a PC running XP, and installed a cheap Adaptec AIC-7850 board to provide the SCSI interface. The Adaptec board is not included.

I'll ask $300 for this, and, of course, entertain any offers you might put forth. As you might expect from a ULF scanner, it's a big bruiser, weighing about 45 lbs. I'll make this Local Pick-Up Only, but I'm always ready to accomodate anyone who's desparate enough to want to pay for shipping.

BTW, there is a transparancy lid that can be used with this scanner, but I'm selling this one without the transparency lid (and I'm keeping the one that has the lid...you knew I had two of these, didn't you?).

Charley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hmmm...I seem to have left something out...like where "Local Pickup" might happen. Doh!

This time of year, I spend half my time in the NYC area, and half in New Hampshire. If you're anywhere near the Merritt or I-91 (Hartford, Springfield, up to White River Junction), we might be able to arrange for roadside delivery

Charley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    What? Nobody needs a ULF scanner? I can't beleive it.

Let me tempt you further: price is now $275.

Charley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    OK, let's try a price of $250. Anyone interested?

Charley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Let's try this question again - for local pickup - where are you located?
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Dan:

This is Post #2:

Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    Hmmm...I seem to have left something out...like where "Local Pickup" might happen. Doh!

This time of year, I spend half my time in the NYC area, and half in New Hampshire. If you're anywhere near the Merritt or I-91 (Hartford, Springfield, up to White River Junction), we might be able to arrange for roadside delivery

Charley
    Implied, but not stated, would be the possibility of pickup/meeting in the NYC area.

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, is this a print scanner, or does it scan film?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    So, is this a print scanner, or does it scan film?
    This is a flatbed scanner - for prints.

This was a top-of-the-line scanner, with different, interchangeable lids available, e.g., an auto-feed mechanism to scan a pile of documents unattended. The scanner for sale here has a blank, white surface under the lid, so that the base functions only as a flatbed. I have another scanner with a base identical to the one for sale, but with a transparency lid mounted - it has a lamp inside, and can be used to scan negatives.

Why do I have two of these scanners? Because I had the same question as you, and bought the wrong one first.

Charley

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    OK, so we've established that this is a flatbed scanner and that it's located in the NYC area, with a possiblity of delivery in western New England. What's everybody waiting for? Don't you need a ULF scanner? Don't you want to scan your View Camera magazines two pages at a time?

Let's try one last price drop here, before I drop it on Craigslist and get swamped by bargainhunters.

The price for the scanner is now $200.

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c.d.ewen View Post
    Let's try one last price drop here, before I drop it on Craigslist and get swamped by bargainhunters.
    For local-sale-only items, that is your best option. I am surprised you did not list it there first, and then come here as a last resort.

I have no current need to digitize anything I have shot with anything but mediocre quality (and even then very rarely), and I don't live by you. Otherwise, I'd probably purchase it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin