Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,671   Online: 892

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS-Rockwell/Delta 46-622 woodworking lathe, Jax, FL

Well, This is the "anything goes" section right? I figure since it is my understanding that some of the first cameras were build by cabinet makers, maybe this will draw some interest.

Model 46-622 is the large version of this lathe. I am asking $650.00 for everything. I am not happy about selling this, but I will if someone will get it from me quickly LOL. If I have too much time to think about it, I may just change my mind. Of course it is standing in the way of me building my darkroom. One hobby has to go and it seems that turning is on the lower end at the moment. I don't want to bust this up and sell piece by piece, but I noticed that a tailstock for this machine have sold on the bay for $200-$350 recently and a CWL-43 bent tool arm went for $160. I would rather just see it all go to a good home and not have the hassle of parting it out. Please check the pictures as you get the tools on the wall as well as the hanger I built for all parts.

Has a 1hp Rockwell stamped motor and is running at the moment on 115. However, w/ a couple of quick switching of wires in the main box, it can be 230.

Includes:
    46-622 Variable speed Lathe 340-3200 rpm
    Main Head w/ live center
    434-01 6" plate
    DDL180 3" plate
    434-03 standard 6" tool rest
    GWL-70 -12" tool rest
    DDL-63 - 6.5x6.5 rt. angle tool rest
    CWL-43 Bent arm tool rest
    set of 4 Buck long handle chisels (not the best, but they work nicely and are sharp)
    various calipers, in/out/marking

If there are no takers in a couple of days, please feel free to send your offers on parts.

As well, if there are suggestions, please feel free to speak your mind.

Thank you for looking and please help put me out of my misery by getting it today.

PS. it also has a massive hood, I just never used it. You can see it a little bit standing on end in the rt of the picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF3257.jpg   DSCF3256.jpg  
    Last edited by JMC1969; 07-29-2010 at 10:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Title change

Shooter
    35mm

Lathe

Too bad your in Fla. It's tempting...
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW! A response. I certainly thought I was pushing the envelope on "anything goes" and since I don't recall seeing a camera in the shape of a bowl or spindle, I didn't think it would get any response. Aside from that, I wish you were in Florida as well so you could take it off my hands. My camera repair/enlarger tables need to go in this space, so I can install my sink where those tables are now.

Where is the Jacksonville photographer that needs a new hobby?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know how you feel about parting with tools, I've been doing the same. For me its not giving up one hobby for another, its leaving my livelyhood behind due to a disability. I would much rather keep my tools and continue to work, but the sad reality of it is I can no longer spend all day at work. I'm lucky to spend a couple of hours in my darkroom, and even that kills me. Good luck selling this beauty, I'd grab it up if I could.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Doug,
    Don't you need this?
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of the Jacksonville people I know probably already have their gear, but as soon as I can get this lathe out of the way, I will be able to determine which enlargers stay and which go. I'm sure I will be keeping my D5, but I believe I have 2-D2's, 1-D3, and a beseler 23cII. I don't think I will need them all, I'm just a hoarder apparently.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would think that an obvious solution should be right next to you. Maybe the florida sun has affected your thought process.

I would imagine that lathe would make the perfect boat anchor. You got to figure that there are one or two of them around you.

I am looking for a shaper though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you posted this on some of the woodworkers forums?

Hey Bob, I have a Delta Shaper, the one that is like the Unisaw I would like find a new home for. I thought I needed one but have only used this once and that was with the router bit adapter.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's on Woodnet, but doesn't seem to be all that much action from FL on there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Glad you're working on a darkroom, Jody. Sounds like quite an enlarger collection.
    As far as the lathe, I seem to be going towards metal cameras now. Good luck with the sale.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin