Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,639   Online: 834

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    {Quoted from Curt: Sorry I don't have one but if you find one you will need one of these.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5073282_use-styptic-pencil.html
    }

I always like "how-to" articles that begin with something like:

"Make sure that the bleeding is not too extensive."
    Last edited by MattKing; 08-16-2010 at 12:40 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed the quote
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Eric

Please do not post another cheeks in the water picture, If your trying to shave the hair off your ass , please warn us , I almost lost my lunch the last time you posted the cottage cheeze.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Eric

Please do not post another cheeks in the water picture, If your trying to shave the hair off your ass , please warn us , I almost lost my lunch the last time you posted the cottage cheeze.
    Bob you will be happy to know that my butt is downy smooth. No shaving required.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Too much information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Bob you will be happy to know that my butt is downy smooth. No shaving required.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Too much information.
    WAY too much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    I stopped using a safety razor years ago, but I refuse to give up my mug and brush. Nothing beats a nice warm lather and the way the brush feels against the skin.
    I have my mug and brush, but I'll tell you the truth that the absolute best shaving lubricant in the world is (drum roll here) plain old Noxema in the blue jar. (The generic equivalent store brands loose out in this one. I've tired them all.)
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Sorry I don't have one but if you find one you will need one of these.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5073282_use-styptic-pencil.html
    In the heyday of safety razors in the U.K. no-one could afford a styptic pencil so we used pieces of old newsprint to soak up the blood. There was no pensions crisis then. Most of the males had died of blood poisoning long before pension age. In the looming pensions crisis, Prime Minister, D Cameron, is passing a law making the use of the very old cut-throat razors compulsory( a quicker death than blood poisoning from safety razors) and banning all electric ones on the grounds of global warming.

There will be a lot of old ladies in the U.K. looking for young Thai grooms. Every action has a consequence

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    ... Prime Minister, D Cameron, is passing a law making the use of the very old cut-throat razors compulsory...
    Ha ha, you made me think about an old friend who I haven't seen for years. This old chap has a scar that completely encircles his neck. It is something he never talks about. Once I heard a child ask him about it. He told the child that he cut himself shaving with a straight razor. The child had no idea what he was talking about and asked again. So he told the child that the scar was from the head transplant he received a long time ago. The child went off, crying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Durham Duplex with several boxes full of razor blades. I only break the thing out when I'm going to some kind of social function or feel like being really special, because there is a finite supply of blades for it and I'd like it to last my lifetime. The razor and the blades came from my grandfather's drugstore. Some day I will get a true straight razor to shave with, but for now I content myself with the Durham Duplex.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin