Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,162   Online: 972

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    He told the child that he cut himself shaving with a straight razor. The child had no idea what he was talking about and asked again. So he told the child that the scar was from the head transplant he received a long time ago. The child went off, crying.
    Just goes to show that they don't make razors or kids like they used to :

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Straight, 'cut-throat' razors are terrible. They don't call them that for nothing. Really terrible.

The best shaving lubricant, by the way, is water.
    The foam/soap only helps to keep it on your face.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    ...The best shaving lubricant, by the way, is water.
    The foam/soap only helps to keep it on your face.
    Nah, I have to stick by my original assertion. The best lubricant is Noxzema in a blue jar.

It doesn't foam like soap, so there's no lather. Rub it in thin, and shave away. Try it, you'll like it.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Come on guys and gals, someone must have an old handle they can send me!!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    Nah, I have to stick by my original assertion. The best lubricant is Noxzema in a blue jar.

It doesn't foam like soap, so there's no lather. Rub it in thin, and shave away. Try it, you'll like it.
    It still is just a way to let water stick to your face better than it already does.
    I'll just continue splashing my face. Works fine.

Sorry, Eric. I have kept a straight razor (as an antique), but no longer have the thingy you are looking for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Gillette open comb stype handle you are welcome to. Most of the plating is gone from mine but it looks kind of like http://countryjoescollectiblestuff.c...ette-new-1.jpg
    Turning negative into positive since 1975

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    The best lubricant is Noxzema in a blue jar.
    My father-in-law agrees, and his face is generally as smooth as a baby's b'hind (or maybe even Eric Rose's b'hind... who knows).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Come on guys and gals, someone must have an old handle they can send me!!
    I have a beard and an extra double edged handle. If you still need one (the handle, I mean), PM or Jaykhill@aol.com with your snail mail address. BTW, I agree the Noxema is great but Rainphot has it. The brush and cup are greatest==although I just use it all on my neck only when my wife insists.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Eric,

Sometime in October 1968 I threw my last razor in the garbage.... and have not shaved since.

Ken
    Quando omni flunkus moritati (R. Green)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Funny thing happened years ago. I had a full beard for about 7 years. Most of the people I worked with had never seen me without it. Now comes along daughter number one and she decides that when she is riding on dads shoulders the beard is a great way to steer dad. That was that and the beard came off.

The following Monday I walked into work sans beard. I could tell people were looking at me in that weird way they do when they know something has changed but can't figure out what it is. Several asked me if I had gotten a hair cut. Well I guess they were half right lol. Anyway I let it go and it took them 3 days to figure out what was different.

Just goes to show how people really don't pay attention to how you look but rather concentrate on your eyes and body language.

I have a buddy that grew his beard probably round the same time Ken did and refuses to shave it off because his identity is so wrapped up in it. Or at least he thinks it is. I'm not suggesting you are as insecure as he is, don't get me wrong.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin