Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,907   Posts: 1,521,425   Online: 1071

Shooter
    Multi Format

Need Copy of Kodachrome by Paul Simon

Need,,, (relative thing, this need ;-) an old 45 record with sleeve condition totally unimportant except for label of Paul Simon's Kodachrome.

Why you might ask? Well,,, I have one section of an oak, glass fronted book case in the living room dedicated to my hobbies as a display. Currently has some odd folding cameras and a Minolta mg 16mm.

I have an unopened box of Kodachrome 64, some old aluminum 35mm film cans, a couple of old light meters and an Argus C44, that with the record as a focal point would meet all my needs as eclectic and still be recognizable by most people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems to be pretty readily available on the used market. I can't speak to the quality of this source, but I googled around a little bit and found this:
    http://www.musicstack.com/listings.c...e&media=Vinyl7
    It seems to be an aggregator of different music retailers.

By the way, if you get a copy with a decent sleeve, it's pretty graphically striking---in a 1973 sort of way, mind you---and might be suitable as part of the display too. (See the Wikipedia entry for an image.)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    45's can be had for pennies on eBay. I have "I am a Rock", but not Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my all-time favorite songs. Good luck in your search, Grif. If you can't find it, I can email you an .mp3 version. ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I've got it on a couple of different CD's, this is all about the APUG appropriate display in the livingroom ;-) I have found one,,,, one of the retailers has a warped one, which would be perfect, even better if you could tell it was warped. And yes, I think an extra comma in my original post would have better explained that the sleeve would be part of the idea as well. Didn't know it had art work on it, that would be a real plus.

Just wait till I do the light meter collection. You'll hear the wife three states away ;-) I really don't have the room for much of the radio stuff,,, Perhaps some old RC radio stuff from the early 60's would fit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send me your address...I'll send you a copy or 2.
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent,,, really appreciate the offer. For such a small part of the living room,,, and me not being the artist of the family,,, I'm really getting into my little display area.

I guess I should try to take a reasonable picture of one of the displays. Lighting,,, well, the best way to describe that will be "interesting".

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What a clever idea. And yes pictures would be nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus No. 9 View Post
    What a clever idea. And yes pictures would be nice.

Appreciate the commet. I've got enought old school hobbies to keep the shelf busy for a long long time. Some 1970's RC electronic kits, old reloading and rifle stuff. Microscopes slides and other "lab" equipment. enought old electronic meter movements for a display all its own. oh,,, radio tubes and some other very unique electronics components.

I've got at least three sets of ideas for photography alone

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin