Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 840

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I sympathize with you, I've been waiting for two months for some Ilford paper and Rollei film purchased from a member. I used paypal, and still havent gotten my money back. I guess he shut his PP account down.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    File a Paypal complaint and that might get things moving along better.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Threads merged, but I think it makes the most sense to post in the thread where the camera was advertised originally.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the reason why i dont want to buy from the classifieds. We need a feedback option for sellers so we know if they are trustworthy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Threads merged, but I think it makes the most sense to post in the thread where the camera was advertised originally.
    I agree. If the seller does not resolve the problem in one week, this thread should then be moved to the original ad. Then we would all know who the bad guy is.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I saw one poor guy that DID reply in the original ad when he didn't receive his enlarging lens and he got chastised & the thread was closed???

Shooter
    35mm
    Really sorry to hear about this. Very disappointing. Hope all works out well in spite of the delay. I've always had pretty good luck selling on this type of "special interest" board, but I guess it's always a bit of a risk.

I agree, move it to the original sale post if this isn't resolved soon so we can all know who to avoid in the future. It's a shame to have to worry about that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    if the deadbeat seller doesn't respond to email,
    i have a feeling he won't care about posts in his/her for sale thread ..

( added 1hr later )

sometimes there are legit reasons for long delays &C.
    have you tried an alternate email address or
    making contact by telephone ?
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-01-2011 at 08:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    if the deadbeat seller doesn't respond to email,
    i have a feeling he won't care about posts in his/her for sale thread ..
    I disagree.

1. Anyone that sees the thread will avoid the seller if the problem is not quickly resolve.
    2. The seller's name or pseudonym will start showing up on websites with the dirt.
    3. If egregious enough, the seller will be banded from APUG.

When dirt gets thrown on the internet, it takes on a life of its own and never really dies. It is always there some place.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd suggest that you:

1) communicate the details with the moderators;
    2) if they cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction, request that they re-open the original thread (I'm assuming that it is closed) and allow you to post the details of the problem to that thread.

I might suggest that the moderators/Sean/Council consider making this approach a policy.

It is the lack of communication that is the concern - delays happen for a myriad of good and bad reasons.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin