Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,592   Online: 838

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Road Bike? Klein Quantum 58cm -- just seeing if there is interest out there.

Hate to see it go, but I have one too many bikes. This is a late 80's Klein Quantum aluminum frame, hand built by Gary Klein in Chehalis, WA. The welds are seamless, the frame is incredibly rigid making it a goat in the climbs. Paint looks fantastic with very few scratches and a small (>1/2") ding near the downtube shifters. I'm 6'0 and the standover height is just about 32". It has lived indoors all it's life and I'm the second owner.

Specs:
    Components: Shimano Tri-color crank, front derailleur, rear derailleur, SIS shifters, and brakes. Crankset is 53/39 175mm. Freewheel is 7 speed shimano HG 14-28. New Shimano chain (less than 20 miles)
    Seat: Regal
    Stem: ITM 130mm
    Pedals: Sampson S4 anodized yellow and come with 3-hole cleats
    Wheels: Handbuilt tubular rims with Continental 4000 tires (great condition) and Suntour Sprint hubs
    Accessories: Red seatbag, two bottles, Avocet 40 speedometer and lights.

I also have some clincher rims with Bontrager Race-lite tires that could be negotiated in.

Lovely collector's bike in really great condition and exceptional paint job...just too aggressive for me.

I'm thinking $500 for APUG members and a local shop here will do the packing and shipping (75-100$). I'll post pictures when I get home, but I'm just seeing if there's any interest out there.

Cheers guys
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One too many bikes? I didn't know that was possible. Velominati rule #12 speaks to this: http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/#12 Good luck with the sale!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It can happen, especially when you live in a 500sq/ft apartment with another person (who also has too many).
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am interested in seeing some pics!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gimme some time, I'll post em up this evenin'.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

And here are some pics

Attached be the fotos. Two of the whole bike, one of the BB tag, and another of the ding near the shifter. Oh, and one of the derailleurs.

Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails la foto(4).JPG   la foto(3).jpg   la foto(2).jpg   la foto.JPG   la foto(5).jpg  

K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    OMG

I had one of these. Those massive aluminum tubes did my knees in eventually.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Too... many... bikes...

Those words... they just don't sound right together!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well it's sold anyhow. Just down to my Peugeot PX-10 at the moment, which I crashed on about 4 days ago and had to buy another helmet for. Building a beautiful Nishiki Tri-A for a friend as well. Steel is real!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Conti tubulars and Suntour hubs? Aww, now thats an keeper.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin