Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 795

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My offerings are winging their way to far flung places.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I'm the odd one out -- I received both my prints this round over the past two days -- what a treat!

Eugene's "Warm Memories of Summer" is a wonderful infrared lith print that captures the lazy warmth of summer nicely. I like the slightly burnt out space at the bottom of the ramp -- it looks like the gateway to other dimension almost. The warm colours of the Fomatone really suit it.

Paul's "Venice Door and Window, 2012" is a nice contrast, with the muted tones and colours of the Ilford Art paper. The dog doesn't look too comfortable in that basket, but the photo has a nice warmth to it -- a Venice that we don't normally see in all the tourist images.

Thanks to both of you! I love these images and feel terrible that I haven't even made my prints yet (it's been a mad month and a half of work). I have the neg I want to print, I just need to do it! Let hope my free November weekend stays free this month! (I'm off to Sapporo this weekend for a conference, Fukuoka next weekend, and Mt. Fuji in two weeks - that leaves the last weekend of Nov for some good lith work!)

Cheers.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too received Paul's prints. A cutest dog in a bike basket is just a cuddliest creature ever. I too love the texture of the ORWO paper. I have a print that was made by my dad decades ago that has a similar texture. It has a very special touch to it. I'm afraid this print should not be framed. It should be experienced by holding it in hand, enjoying the combination of the surface of the paper and the image of the cutest dog ever.

And the Venice print is also very-very special. The texture of the Art 300 paper adds this interesting sparkle and graphical dimension to the print. I have a package of this paper that I'm yet to open. And now I've got this urge to try it! Thank you!

I have to say wow! The only negative about lith exchanges is that I feel overwhelmed by the prints I receive and inadequacy of my own offerings

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, my prints are flattening, so I should get them in the mail early next week. Not too late, as these things go.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They got into the mail this morning, winging around the world.....

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    They got into the mail this morning, winging around the world.....
    And I am excited, can't wait to receive it.

Cheers
    Ruediger
    Do or do not. There's no try. (Yoda)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    My prints are out in the wild. I hope Rachelle and Paul will enjoy them!
    Finally received a soggy wet package that fell apart in my hands. Unfortunately the contents are a congealed mess with spots of mold forming - Going to try to soak it all in a bath of warm photoflo and hope some of it is recoverable, in the meantime, I'll be shouting down the ear of a manager at the post office...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Finally received a soggy wet package that fell apart in my hands. Unfortunately the contents are a congealed mess with spots of mold forming - Going to try to soak it all in a bath of warm photoflo and hope some of it is recoverable, in the meantime, I'll be shouting down the ear of a manager at the post office...
    Oh no! That sounds bad. I wonder if it got caught by Sandy in NY. Just about right timing. I'll make another print for you! That's actually good news, since I wanted to try this photo with a different paper.

Eugene.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anikin View Post
    Oh no! That sounds bad. I wonder if it got caught by Sandy in NY. Just about right timing. I'll make another print for you! That's actually good news, since I wanted to try this photo with a different paper.
    The package had a "failed delivery" sticker on it and subsequently bagged & tagged as "damaged". From that, it is reasonably safe to assume that it had been given a soaking at some point during it's short journey between the local delivery office and here. Sandy is highly unlikely to be the culprit in this instance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My prints will be in the mail by the end of the week

Sorry for the delay Matti and Travis

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin