Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,447   Online: 788

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    7. that cool feeling of getting something in the mail

any other ideas please chime in
    Yes,

8. that cool feeling of putting something done into the mail.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Count me in too. 9

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    Also, I'd rather not ship outside the US so maybe a US contingent and a Eu one.
    I'm not keen on that one. It only costs me a few pence more to send a print to the USA than the rest of Europe.

How about using the rules for the standard group print exchange -- they're well tried and tested.

However, if some people are concerned that they are beginners then we could use the alternative print exchange system. People list if they are experienced, intermediate or a beginner and the organiser sorts people into groups so that there is a mixture of abilities.

Cheers

Mike

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd like to see it mixed up - beginners and experts. International mailing doesn't scare me, and I love getting mail from far away places. Sly

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Half the fun of the postcard thing is receiving pictures from (and sending to) faraway places, so personally I'd hope we don't separate EU/US.

Also purely my personal opinion, I think the absolute beginners and the experts should be 'mixed up'. It's not a competition (is it?,) so as a beginner I'd consider it an honour and inspiration to receive an expertly created print. Of course the expert who receives my rubbish one may not be so keen, but not everyone can be a winner

However it's organised anyway I'm sure it'll be great - looking forward to it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm with Sly on this one, I don't mind sending overseas and it's really kind of neat to get a print from someone in another country.

As far as the beginner/expert thing, in the Alt print exchange you're asked to rate yourself (Expert/Intermediate/Beginner) and then the groups are divided rather evenly with all three in one group. I don't really see a reason to do that but if others want that, I'll go along with it.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Every exchange I've participated in has been 100% international shipping for me. So what? That's the price I have to pay to be on any kind of exchange.

As to sizes and mounting/matting:

I usually print on either 8x10" or 9.5x12" paper, with somewhat varying margins depending on film format and whether I want to crop anything.

I have learned that a well packed unmounted print has a far better "survival rate" in international shipping. Mats tend to arrive damaged, too. So I will ship mine unmounted and unmatted.

Since 8x10" is far easier to fit in a reasonably standard-sized padded envelope that's probably what I will use. Unless the picture just wants to be bigger, of course...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Around 8x10 max, unmounted, unmatted works for me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Around 8x10 max, unmounted, unmatted works for me..
    I agree, and I'm ok with shipping prints anywhere.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been wanting to try lith. I have the chemicals and an image I want to try it on........this could be the push I need.....count me in.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin