Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,101   Online: 1187

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    ... I would appreciate to know the materials used, dilutions, exposure times, etc. Details that would otherwise take a long time to experiment with. ...
    I second this. Part of the fun and frustration of lith printing is the infinite variability, but it can be a good help to have at least a starting point if trying to get a specific tone or look.

BTW - how do people feel about RC paper? I'll probably use FB anyway, but I have some RC papers that give very unusual results...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't think we should say fiber prints only...I've made prints on kodak transtar tp5 that are a bit unique and that paper was only available in rc. I think we should keep things as open as possible regarding materials, printing experience, location. I hope we don't even put any kind of size limits...if someone wants to send 20x24 prints that's up to them and their pocket book and if someone makes jewel like 4x5s that they are proud of that should be fine too. One thing we could do to lessen international shipping costs is to allow loose prints. I will send matted prints cause that's how I want them to be seen but I wouldn't expect the same, it will only take some of the fun out of this to make too many rules.

I do think it would be helpful to mix up the groups if we have everyone rate themselves as beginner, intermediate, or experienced. This is not a competition, this is the opposite of that. So hopefully people won't be bashful and worried that others will judge them if they put that they are experienced. I've been printing in lith for about 12 years now so I'm not afraid to say I'm experienced at this. If you've been doing this for a long time please say so. It will make this more fun to me if we get a good mixture of levels in each individual group.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the statement "I think we should keep things as open as possible regarding materials, printing experience, location." pretty much sums up my feelings.

If we're going to rate ourselves, I'd say I'm an Intermediate.

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I am a beginner with lith printing but already hooked to this nice and unique process. As to materials, I will print on FB paper (either Fomatone or ADOX Fineprint, both lith well but the Fomatone is much more colorful) size will most likely be 9.5x12 inches and I use Wolfgang Moerschs SE5Lith developer kit. To reduce shipping size I will also send unmounted but well packed prints

I also do not mind sending international. Otherwise I would end up in a one person only group

I am looking forward to this.

ciao
    -- Ruediger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't been lith printing for very long but I leave on Sept 9th for Tim Rudman's workshop at the Formulary so hopefully I will be much better at it when I return and I hope whoever's name I get won't be too disappointed.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure where to place myself. Maybe 1/2 step up from beginner? I have not yet seen anyone's else's lith prints in the flesh, only on the monitor, so it is hard to compare my stuff with theirs. I'm looking forward to this exchange. Sly

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bump!

Any more takers?

Cheers

Mike

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rst View Post
    I also do not mind sending international. Otherwise I would end up in a one person only group
    Same here, Ruediger!

I haven't decided anything yet. I don't even know what papers I have, or whether my developer is still usable. If the developer is dead I may mix some from scratch, otherwise I'll use what I have. I can't even remember what it is!

Then it depends on the paper I have: I know I have some Varycon, in both RC and FB, but that may not be the colour I want. And some Forte, but is there enough for the necessary failures? Some Bergger too, which also may be too few sheets.

I'll put myself a notch above beginner, since I've managed to make some lith prints that I actually like - and my wife likes them, too!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    I'll put myself a notch above beginner, since I've managed to make some lith prints that I actually like - and my wife likes them, too!
    I'd say that I'm the same, beginner to intermediate.

I've got some Fotospeed LD20 and Moersh developer along with Fotospeed lith paper.

I've also got some Kentmere Fineprint WT and Agfa MCC both of which I've managed to get some decent lith prints from.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would love to participate!
    /matti

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin