Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,495   Online: 875

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Travis and keeds, let's not make this a juried show.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I agree too. The print exchanges should be about learning. Learning through making your own print and also seeing other people's prints. It's not about getting a like for like exchange or a cheap way of starting a print collection.

I hope Tim and Mark will reconsider.

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
    I agree too. The print exchanges should be about learning. Learning through making your own print and also seeing other people's prints. It's not about getting a like for like exchange or a cheap way of starting a print collection.

I hope Tim and Mark will reconsider.
    Oh, please don't think I'm throwing my toys out of the pram - I didn't mean it like that at all (I did edit my post at least once but obviously not enough .) What I meant to say I guess was not to allow newbies in on my account; if we are then obviously I'll be delighted to participate, but equally I'll not be offended if not.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I haven't participated in a print exchange before (although signed up for one other so am dipping my toes..), i don't earn my living from photography but can guarantee that anything put in the post will be the best i can do - if my 'best' isn't up to another's standards I can only hope to improve - with the inspiration of those others.

if a standard is set - as a group of geographically isolated people -we are the soul judge of our work and so may get that standard wrong (in the eyes of others) - and those who wish for a higher standard may still be disappointed.

I agree with keeds, personally I would feel very vulnerable if the standard of work is such an issue - i don't seek to disappoint anyone.. can't we just enjoy others best endeavors and learn from them good or bad?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only standard I would like is mounted/matted/signed prints.

Do the best you can, present it the best way.

Shipping mounted/matted prints should not be more susceptible to damage than an unmounted print unless you don't do it with care.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    Shipping mounted/matted prints should not be more susceptible to damage than an unmounted print unless you don't do it with care.
    That is not my experience.

And unmounted print is flexible; a mount board can break. And believe me - if anything can possibly break international mail will find a way to break it.

If I do ship mounted prints they won't be dry-mounted on mounting boards, but wet-mounted on aluminium. That at least will give them a 50% chance of arriving in one (unfractured) piece.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ok, here's the deal: for what I had in mind for this print exchange let's go with following set of standards.
    1. this is about sharing what can be done in lith printing with enfasis on the process and not on the value of the prints themselves (I plan on sending out some nice prints and I'm sure everyone else will do their best as well)
    2. print size and presentation will not have any requirements
    3. it will be open to anyone who wants to print in lith with everyone saying how experienced they are just so we can mix up the groups
    4. this exchange will be international

Sorry we can't accomodate everyone's wishes here. Possibly someone might want to initiate a "finished print exchange" with standards that aren't so loose.

Here's a list of those who wanted to join, if you change your mind or I missed you, let me know.

Magnus W
    T nunn
    Gay Larson
    bdial
    Ole
    sly
    Mark Mombarg
    rst
    mikeg
    tim walls
    keeds
    Thomas Bertilsson
    Fintan
    Mark Fisher
    timeUnit
    fearc
    semeuse

Some things we need to decide on would be the date that prints should be sent by and the number of people per group. I'm thinking 4 per group and whatever combo of 3 in a group to make the numbers work.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to join as well. My experience with lith is qute limited.
    /matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sound good to me. Say a month from now and 4 in a group?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    4 in a group and send prints by October 31?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin