Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,081   Online: 892

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My prints will be going out tomorrow. Lith printing is a lot of fun. QUALITY lith printing was a lot more work than I thought. 12 hours in the darkroom to get 6 prints that met the grade. Accepting what falls is one thing. Romancing the paper as Wolfgang indicated, to give me what I wanted proved to be harder than Regular printing. I did learn a lot about replenishment on the fly though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    All of my exchange friends should have my prints by now (sent about 2 wks ago).
    I sent two figuring if you can't do quality, go for quantity (:. I made the first, maple leaf on Ravine beach, then found another I liked better.....so I sent both. The other is The Pipe Corner of the South (different paper in gallery, not as good as the ones sent out ): ). Both prints were on Kentmere warmtone VC semimatt in Labor Partner lith from a 35mm neg and are in the gallery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vet173 View Post
    My prints will be going out tomorrow. Lith printing is a lot of fun. QUALITY lith printing was a lot more work than I thought. 12 hours in the darkroom to get 6 prints that met the grade. Accepting what falls is one thing. Romancing the paper as Wolfgang indicated, to give me what I wanted proved to be harder than Regular printing. I did learn a lot about replenishment on the fly though.
    Well that is just the thing. Often I like my first print. Then I like my second better. And then it just goes on until I feel something even better around the corner; just as the developer gets red and dies.

Now I have four prints that I really like. (Remembered to keep one for myself this time...) But then I had those new negatives developed and am going down to the darkroom tonight to see what will happen.

/matti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    I sent two figuring if you can't do quality, go for quantity (:. I made the first, maple leaf on Ravine beach, then found another I liked better.....so I sent both. The other is The Pipe Corner of the South (different paper in gallery, not as good as the ones sent out ): ). Both prints were on Kentmere warmtone VC semimatt in Labor Partner lith from a 35mm neg and are in the gallery.

Hi Mark, I just received your prints today. What do you mean if you can't do quality go for quantity? I think these are some very nice prints. I particularly like the leaf. Such texture! The lith process really works for this print.

Hopefully I will have mine in the mail this weekend.

Thanks again Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My lith prints went out in today's mail. Hopefully they will find there way safely

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    Sorry Mark, your print hasn't reached the UK yet. I'll let you know when it does.

I managed to do 2 prints I'm happy with a couple of weeks ago, but I've been away since then. Hopefully, I'll get the final one done this week.

Cheers

Mike

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Vet 173, I recieved your print yesterday. Thanks! I love the tangerine tones in it. Can you supply any technical info? Any toner used, or is this tone inherent to the paper/developer combination you use?
    I've done some work for this exchange, but am not yet happy with what I've got. I'll get something out sometime this month

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am also not happy with my first batch for this trade. I'll do another tonight and Should ship this week.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did some printing today but I dont think I'm completely happy with my prints so I might re-do. When I got to the point I wanted my dev went off, pity.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Vet 173, I recieved your print yesterday. Thanks! I love the tangerine tones in it. Can you supply any technical info? Any toner used, or is this tone inherent to the paper/developer combination you use?
    I've done some work for this exchange, but am not yet happy with what I've got. I'll get something out sometime this month
    PM sent.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin