Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,207   Online: 1050

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi,

I received Tony Egan's print last night. Thank you, Tony, it is beautiful. It certainly doesn't show that its your first lith print - maybe thats due to attending Tim's workshop :-). In fact, it doesn't even really look like a lith print to me, only on second sight it shows the typical characteristics (except there is hardly any grain...). The subject lends itself perfectly to a lith print, though! I love how the leafs really glow and the structure is so defined!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Been sitting on a couple of prints received so far..
    I will echo gurkenprinz's comments about Tony's leaves. A wonderful print, and nicely mounted too.
    Also had a print shoved through the letterbox from gurkenprinz - It suffered a little bit of damage to the edges, but the image remained intact.

The standard has been set, and the prints I did last week don't even come close to passing muster. I'll be having another bash at printing over the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just sent off my lith's this morning,hope they make it to there addresses in good shape and time.Paul I know what you mean by the standard's,as I did what I thought were ok but have not received any prints yet that I can compare diffidently a new adventure.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just received a wonderfull little print from Canada - Two carved heads shot on a trip to Hawaii. It has a gritty look about it that is (in my mind) typical of a lith print, and for a first attempt, well executed. As I'm still in the early stages of experimenting with the process myself, I hope my offerings reach a similar standard.

Need to get some envelopes, and hopefully have them out by the weekend....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happy to hear you like the print Paul. I made a total of eight copies of it over two printing sessions. Some were just to experiment with toning etc, but found the first ones (untoned) were the ones I liked the best. Looking forward to more lith experimenting.

Thanks,
    Craig

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got back from a week's holiday at the beach and pleased to find the prints from Chris and Craig waiting. What I found very interesting was the different tones achieved with the different papers especially in comparison to my print. Both subjects were well suited to the lith treatment with the character of the carved heads and the walls of the red fort really brought to life with the silver infection! I enjoyed them very much. Thanks for sharing your work in this way.

Thanks also for your comments on my print. I suspect I am still seeing my first lith prints through a traditional printers eyes and I am aware that Ilford WT is not known for its ability to tone. I also made some comments in another post about my experience with Moersch and how it rapidly oxidises and expires with local contrast and graininess increasing markedly with each subsequent print. The prints I sent out were from the first 1 or 2 in a fresh batch of developer and consequently have a much smoother transition in the mid-tones. From memory we used Fotospeed LD20 at the Tim Rudman workshop and I don't recall this dramatic change being an issue observed or discussed. I also didn't have a supply of "old brown" so I didn't add any to my developers. This may be part of the secret for more consistent output? So much to learn, so little time!

Cheers, Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got back from a short time away to find prints from Tony and Chris in the mailbox (both survived the trip around the world quite well). I am still pretty new at all this so I don't really know what I am talking about, but I have to echo the previous comments, both are beautiful prints. I've never actually held a Lith print (other than the one I sent out for this exchange) and am surprised how different they look from the one I printed. It's quite an interesting effect and I think will lend itself well to some prints. Already looking forward to the next exchange.

Thanks for sharing guys.

Craig

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys, mine went out yesterday, sorry for the delay. I received David's some time ago and they were fantastic. Awesome orange and brown colors. I found that, contrary to what I was told by a friend (any old paper works), paper definitely plays a large role. I only wish I had something I was a little more proud of to be sending, Looking ahead to the next round!

Aris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A little quiet here,was hoping somebody recieved any of my prints yet,seems like awhile since I sent them.Guess I'm a little impatient.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sorry guys - the real world of wallet finance and no-jobs-in-sight, resulting in a bit of photographic depression, has made the printing a longer stretch than I had hoped for. But, anyways, my prints are done and should be out by sometime next week. Sorry for the delay!

On a more positive note, I fetched the wonderful prints from David at the post office during this week. Thanks a lot!

BTW, wouldn't it be nice to have scans of the prints that everyone made put up in the thread? Or pointers to the gallery, if you have them there? (I know David posted his a while ago.)
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin